xxii. TWINNING WITH MIGUEL

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWOTWINNING WITH MIGUEL

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
TWINNING WITH MIGUEL

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴

   Stiles and I had barely made it up the front steps of the school before Scott came out of nowhere, rambling on and on about Allison and the necklace. Stiles and I shot him an odd look at how fast the words were leaving his mouth. He was really freaking out about this whole thing then. Nonetheless, we listened and nodded like the understanding best friends we were.

  "This is going to be impossible you know," Scott said, slightly out of breath from his rant.

  Stiles and I followed him through the door, hands latched together.

  "It can't be that hard," I told him, trying to reassure him.

  Scott turned to me with a puppy dog expression. "Can't you get it from her? Don't girls share jewelry or whatever?"

  "Oh no," I said. "I will not jeopardize my newly reinstated friendship with her over a necklace. You're on your own wolf boy."

  "Just ask if you can borrow it," Stiles told him.

  "How?" Scott exclaimed. I had to admit, it was a dumber idea than me getting the necklace.

  "It's easy. Just say 'hey Allison can I borrow your necklace? See if there's anything on it...or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf so I can kill him in order to get back together with you?"

  I raised an eyebrow at him. "Really Stiles?"

  "It's worth a shot," he shrugged. I shook my head.

  "You're not helping!" Scott groaned at the both of us.

  I sighed. "Look, just talk to her."

  "She won't talk to me," Scott replied. "God, what if she only takes it off in the shower or something?"

  "That's why you," Stiles began, trying to get Scott's attention. "That's why you ease back into it. Try to remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace."

  I nodded in agreement. But Scott still was looking, a faraway expression on his face.

  Stiles smacked his arm. "You're thinking about her in the shower aren't you?"

  "Yeah," Scott said, still in a daze.

  Stiles and I rolled our eyes. "Alright, look. Just stay focused. Get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured and get Allison back. In that order okay?" Stiles told him.

  He pressed a quick kiss to my cheek before heading off down the hall.

  "Do you really think that's going to work?" Scott asked me.

  I bit my lip. "Knowing Stiles' plans, probably not. But, seeing that we have nothing else to go on right now, it's our only shot. Just focus on getting the necklace and we'll go from there."