Chapter I

D E V O T I O N

A C T II: E N D U R A N C E

CHAPTER I: Fishing A Dragon

"It was never expected that Leila Lannister would manage to meet the prince of Dragonstone the moment she travelled about the capital city. But she did and as fate did have it, there was something that quickly drew them closer in just one walk in the beautiful day that was and always will be described by the king as the day that his life changed."

-Maester Maekar; The White Queen, Chapter IV

LEILA LANNISTER HAD FORGOTTEN WHAT THE CAPITAL HAD LOOKED LIKE

LEILA LANNISTER HAD FORGOTTEN WHAT THE CAPITAL HAD LOOKED LIKE. Of course, it had been so many years ago since she had first entered the capital, remembering that first day when she did arrive as a young girl being held by her father and her dear mother holding her twin siblings. Leila had remembered that the trip did not go pleasantly for her mother, being mocked by the king about her breasts. Being a five year old girl then, she recalls coming to calm her mother's tears and kissing them away. But it was a different time, Leila knew. Her mother was long gone and all she had left was either cold, far or gone.

Leila had not been certain why her father had asked for her to come to King's Landing at all. He had mention something about helping him on something but nothing further was known to her. Leila had felt annoyed about the request, knowing she was not in the greatest of moods due to Oberyn being ripped away from her and the fact that in her loneliness, she wanted to be surrounded by her people in Sunfire. Sunfire felt like home to Leila now that she realized it. Casterly Rock and Lannisport was where she was born, where she had known she belonged. But being given Sunfire, she felt that her being now belonged to them for she served them as their lady and she knew very well that it would not sit well with her father.

Her father did not like to hear such a thing, that she had more pride in being another than being a Lannister. But Leila felt that way, felt that being a Lannister was lonely and being a Martell felt like being in a family. Her guilt for that ate at her. Leila had known her duty as her father's daughter, of being a member of house Lannister and somehow she knew she was giving dishonor to her family by thinking that way but being a woman and in love with the man she was to marry and feeling like she had belonged in his family more than she fit in her own cannot be helped.

She had been greeted by the Lannister fleet three days after she and the princess Loreza spoke. Leila had been greatly shocked considering she was already to be given the flagship of Dorne called 'Rhoyne' for her usage to go to the capital but instead, her father sent fifty ships from Lannisport to sail for her and bring her to him. Leila felt that her father had no trust for the Martells. But Leila knew he did not trust anyone who was not his blood. Leila had said farewell to Elia and Ashara personally, promising to return soon and writing to them often. Leila felt guilty too in leaving dear Elia. She had lost her dear brother to exile and now had to be abandoned by her sister-in-law to be. But the lioness tried to assure herself that she will not be as lonely for she had Ashara Dayne with her.