Chapter 13

Chapter 13

His hair was a mess, he had scratches all over his face (most likely caused from his Hulk beat down), and his eyes were no longer blue, but a dark green. " I'm here if you need me." Chloe said before she vanished, and I let out a sigh before stepping closer to his new prison. Loki and I stared at each other in silence for a moment, before I said. " Thor told me that you had something to say to me."

" Yes." He responded but said nothing more.

" Well?"

" Who are you?" He asked and I stared at him confusion. " You know who am I."

" But do you?

" Of course I do, my name is Aria Stone."

" Why, because your parents told you that?" He questioned and I frowned as he studied me with a smirk. " You have no idea, do you? The secrets being kept from you, for their benefit."

" What are you talking about? What secrets? Whos benefit?" I questioned before he double doors behind me opened and Fury appeared. " That's enough." He said but Loki wasn't finished as he added. " Perhaps you should ask the director."

I glanced back at him in confusion and Fury glared at Loki before turning to look at me. " Banner needs to talk to you." Fury said, and I nodded before glancing at Loki and teleporting away.

When I made it to the lab, Banner was looking at something on a monitor. " Fury said you wanted to see me." I said and he glanced over. " Um, yes. " He responded before he nodded toward the tesseract which was sitting a few feet away, next to Loki's scepter, with Erik Selvig poking at it.

I looked between them, before I let out a sigh. " Oh no."

*********

I stared out the window of Natasha's car toward my dad's house, his police cruiser sat across the street so I knew he was home. " Are you sure you want to do this, Aria?" Natasha asked and I nodded before letting out a breath, and pushing the door open, and dragging my suitcase out with me. Steve sat behind us on his bike, and Tony's car was further down the street, Clint sat in the passenger seat of Natasha's car. I walked toward the door and it opened causing me to stop as my mom ran down the steps toward me. She nearly knocked me over as she hugged me, and I stiffened before hugging her back.

" W...we saw you in new York." She said pulling away, and I looked passed her toward my dad who stood in the doorway of the house. " S.H.I.E.L.D said that you would be safe, not off fighting aliens."

" Gabby." My father called out and my mom let out a sigh. " What are you talking about?" I asked." Mom?"

" Let's go inside." She told me when she spotted Clint and Natasha.

" It was a year after we got married." Mom said once we were inside. " I was a scientist at S.H.I.E.L.D, and your father was just starting his career as a detective. We knew right away that you were different from other children, so I took you to work with me to run some tests, and we found...something odd."

" Your DNA showed something inhuman."

" At first we thought that you were just like those people we hear about on the news; a mutant, but when we looked deeper into it.."

" You guys aren't making any sense." I said and they shared a look before my mom reached across the table to take my hand. " Your adopted, Aria."