Chapter 14

Great. I was left to hold this heavy grunge. So, was this was how it was going to be? On the new girl? I felt like a noobie at school. Everyone looked to me to do the hard work. What was I having to go against that they were so scared off? Ugh! I couldn't be in this household. This wasn't going to work. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't see myself becoming a part of this family and for how long?

Momma Asian had too many kids to want to rise one more. I bet soon as she sees what a worthless teenager I was, she would send me back in a flick of a switch. I couldn't let that switch ruin me from my life. I knew when this family was done with me, I would back in the system and I didn't want to. I had a plan that wouldn't send me back anywhere.

"Um." I strided out the kitchen toward the exit that everyone else were scared to waltz to. "Glor..." I halted in my tracks. Ha! They were scared for nothing. My social worker, Momma Asian and Aunt Lillian weren't even in the livingroom anymore. "ree-yaa..." I sighed and wrapped my arms myself feeling a sudden chill.

Every since we arrived, I haven't seen Gloria for more than 5 seconds....Okay, I'm exaggerating here. More than a minute. I felt alone. Like I always did. Jesus. Why wasn't I used to it? I guess I had a slow heart. It pumped once a year, but don't get your hopes up. It didn't effect me. Nor anyone.

Then I heard something: faint laughter coming from the front of the house. Well, I was in the front of the house, but in the front of the house. I made my way to the front foyer where the laughter and chatter got louder. I looked towards the front door. I walked to it to get a closer look. What I saw stopped my lung circulation and rounded my already round eyes. No, no, no, no, no, no. W-w-what a-are they doing? No!

I glanced down at the door handle before I pulled it back. Only it didn't pull back. What the hell?! Maybe it's broken or jammed. I tried yanking it, but the damn door didn't move. Okay, maybe not. I looked out to see my social worker hug Momma Asian goodbye and going around the car to get inside. AND DRIVE AWAY! Could she see me while I waved to get her attention? Could she hear me while I screamed her name? Absolutely not. I was non-exist. Ooof couse.

Wait for me, Gloria! No! I started to repeatedly pound my palms against the screen. No! Don't leave me! You can't leave me here! Gloria!!! This screened door just couldn't be glass so I could break it. I tried the handle again, this time with effort. Damn door. "Open!"

Then: I gasped and recoiled away from the door. What the hell just happened? Oh... another cold sore attack. So, I didn't have to be asleep to have a nightmare. Great. What was my life for? Looking around to see if I caused speculation, I hadn't. The coast was clear. Sure it was. No one cared about me. I was sponged in a invisible cloak.

I ran my hands through my hair and while doing so, I caught sight of the door handle. Since it was a hallucination and because I'm possessed and a possessor do hallucinate so...

Now was my best shot. With a hesitating hand, I reached for the handle and pulled it back. Suddenly like magic, the door clicked and flew open. Oh wow. The door opened to the outside, not the inside. Now it shows me. All this timeㅡwell in the hallucinationㅡI pulled back. Yikes. I hope I didn't break the lock thingy ma-thing.

"Bella, are you coming outside or not, hon?" I snapped up my head, dismissing my thoughts and tilted around the door. How long have I been standing here looking like a pompous ass?

"Um..." I came out the house, walked the porch and somehow the system responsible for my energy kicked in. I bolted down the stairs and rushed to Gloria, my voice just as kicked. "Can I talk to you for a second? I need to talk to you aboutㅡ" I cut away my voice box when I was accompanied with a new face. And what stopped me was how the face looked at me. Great now I looked like a jerk.