2

I closed the door behind me making sure not to make much sound.

I sunk to my knees and got the old wooden box from under the bed. I opened it .

I traded those from a dauntless member at school for a favour

I traded those from a dauntless member at school for a favour. I sighed and fold the cloth back to its place. Before I closed the box, I snatched the only given present in my whole life.

 Before I closed the box, I snatched  the only given present in my whole life

My bestfriend gave it to me before he left. He has a ring with the same  crystal, we promised each other that whatever faction we transfer into we will never forget each other.

I pulled the necklace to my neck and holded the pendant observing it. He was two years older than me, so he left when I was 14.

I didn't want him to leave.

He was the only one I had,but I knew if he stayed he would never be happy. He protected me like a brother, but I had to let him go.

I walked out of the grey building and got into the smelly bus. The ride took about 20 minutes.

I arrived to the building where they gave the aptitude test. There was 5 lines each for every faction. White for CANDOR
Blue for ERUDITE
Yellow and red for AMITY
Plain grey for ABNEGATION
And finally black for the DAUNTLESS

I sat for a couple of minutes before I heard my name." Clarissa king" yelled a man in the adminstrations.

God I hate that name.

I cleaned my dress from the imaginary dust and entered the aptitude room.

I looked around the room. A huge mirror covering the right side of the wall. I walked slowly to the mirror and traced my reflection, I have pale skin with freckles, the darkest shade of green eyes with black bags under them and my strawberry blonde hair tied neatly in a  bun.

I haven't looked in a mirror for two weeks now. I used to sneak and look when they weren't around, but my mother busted me and changed the locks and I was left with a scar on my mid back.

Whenever I do something that doesn't please their twisted minds they have to carry on with their so called " punishment"

They say it's for my own good. All in all, they were a really shitty parents.

"Ehm"

I turned around and found a woman dressed in black and covered in tatooes. Definitely dauntless, I noted to my self.

" My name is Tori, I will be monitoring your test. Please take a seat" she pointed at a chair that you will find in a hospital. Without saying a word I laid on the chair and waited for her to make anything.

She came up with a small cup with a blue liquid.

"What's this?" I asked her raising my eyebrow." It will help you with your choice, come on buckle up" she began connecting wires to my head.

" I'll be seeing what you're doing on the monitors" and with one last breath i gulped the water tast liquid.

My eyes felt heavy, I closed them for a moment when I opened them again I was still in the aptitude room, but Tori was no where to be found.

I stood up and looked at the mirror,i saw my reflection.

"Choose"

My figure in the reflection spoke...Creepy ay?

"What?" Choose what?

"Choose or you die" I looked around trying to figure out what the hell is happening. I found a 3 bowls behind me, each one with one item. A brush. A knife. A piece of meat.

I quickly snatched the knife. Whenever there is a knife something wrong will happen.

I heard a growl somewhere. I turned around to find a HUGE brown dog, the one you find in movies.

What the fuck is happening? Did I went to final destination simulation by mistake?

The dog started making its way towards me, I gripped the knife tightly waiting to stab the beast.

I was right after a few moments the dog slow steps turned to careless and deadly. the dog started launching its self at me, that's when I raised my fist that has the knife and stabbed the dog in its leg.

The dog whimpered in pain, but not seconds after it disappeared into thin air. I was breathing frantically until I saw a little girl running into the room.

A younger me. The girl stopped and looked down. I followed her trying to get a better look at what she was doing.

"Puppy"

"Stay away from it, it will hurt you" but as stubborn as I was I kept playing with the wild dog. Fed up, it was me this time who launched at the dog and stabbed it in the chest this time.

My surrounding changed again. I was in a bus sitting beside the window on my right and the other side was a man in his late forties.

"Do you know him?" The man pointed at the newspaper he was holding. I observed the photo for a second, yes.

Yes I know who was he. He was the dauntless guy who traded me the cloth.

"No" I lied honestly not making eye contact with him.

He snatched my arm violently" if you know him, you have to tell me" he said through gritted teeth.

Anger boiled in me. I have been hold enough like this from my parents I won't allow anyone else to slightly come near me.

I quickly swinged my free arm at his jaw, he quickly let go of my arm and cupped his now bruised cheek.

Before anything else can happen my surrounding changed again. This is getting annoying. I was back at the room with a Tori impressed face.

" Soo, I got dauntless didn't I?" I confidentiality told her getting off the chair.

" Yeah. You did. You got dauntless"
I knew what I had to do to get dauntless, the test is actually stupid anyone could outsmart it.

A grin took over my face. " Good"

One day left till the choosing ceremony and I will be out of this shit hall.

I sighted.

"Finally"