Three

Benny continues writing in his notebook, taking notes. He had his head propped up on his hand and was slouched over. "Class! Attention please."

Benny looks up, setting his pen down. "This is our new student, his name is Noah Martinez, he'll be joining Martin High school. Tell us a bit about yourself."

Noah looks at the teacher and shrugs. He had his hands shoved into the pocket of his sweatpants. "Uhm. I'm Latino..only child...and I come from Alabama...I mean, not originally but...Yeah."

Kiara sits up and puts his pen between her teeth, leaning forward. "Speak Spanish."

"Hola. Mi nombre es Noah y tengo diecisiete años de edad."

She giggles and nods. "Mm. And that means?"

Benjamin rolls his eyes, looking down at his paper. He picks his pen back up, looking past Noah to continue writing the notes down.

Noah chuckles and shrugs. "I said my names Noah and I'm seventeen."

"Hm...That's cute."

Benny shakes his head at Kiara flirting.

The teachers stops the interacting, grabbing a seat chart. "Okay, Noah, go and sit next to Benjamin. Ben, raise your hand, please."

Benjamin raises his hand, sitting up.

Derrick, a football player snickers. "Ha. Got placed with the fag! Her name is little miss queer." Henry, Derricks friend starts laughing.

The teacher shakes his head at them. "Hey! Enough you two!" He yells.

Noah takes a seat, smiling at him. "I like your nail polish. Pink is good color for you."

Benjamin glances down at "Thanks."

"What's with the name calling? Highly doubt you've done anything to harm them."

Benjamin blushes and nods. "No. I'm," He tells himself 'why not' since everyone else already knows, "I'm gay. Not too many people like that."

"Oh..that's fine."

*

Benny takes his salad out his lunchbox followed by his yogurt and water bottle. Seeing as his friends ditched him, he eats alone now.

Noah sits down by him, smiling. "Mind if I join?"

Benjamin shrugs his shoulders. "Uh, no. Sit".

Noah smiles and tilts his head at Benjamin. "So. What's your story?"

"What story?"

"I mean like...what's up with you? Anything special?"

Benjamin sighs and shakes his head. "Nope, not really."

Kiara walks over, smiling. "Hey Noah, wanna come maybe sit with me and my friends?"

Noah furrows his brows and looks over at Kiara. "What?"

"We just wanted to give you company. You're new and all."

"Oh, I'm okay. Benjamin is perfect company."