Chapter 23

"Did you have to creep up on me like that!" Zi You said in a whispered scream. For a second, he thought that he had actually seen a ghost standing in front of him. Only it wasn't a ghost, but instead a living person, his name, Meng Shu.

"Sorry," Meng Shu whispered back. He had been too distracted, looking at Zi You that he had forgotten to announce his arrival.

"It's fine, next time don't do that again, or else my soul might fly out of my body." Zi You said, jokingly. If this had happened when it was light out, he wouldn't have been too scared, but it was dark and he had been too occupied to sense somebody else's presence.

Meng Shu could only awkwardly smile when he heard this.

"Well, goodnight. Have a good rest, I'll be going to sleep." Zi You said, trying to cover up his yawn.

And with that Zi You left, leaving only Meng Shu in the living room. After a quiet minute passed by, Meng Shu also left, going to his room.

First though he passed by Zi You's room to peek inside. Seeing Zi You's soundly sleeping figure, tucked underneath the blanket, he couldn't help but smile.

Goodnight, he thought, closing the door as he finally left.

Zi You had fallen asleep after going online to look for the latest news. Finding nothing, he shut off his phone and went to sleep.

Throughout the night he would wake up, and not fall asleep until almost 30 minutes after.

When he woke up the next morning, his eyes looked red from the lack of sleep. Zi You didn't know why he couldn't sleep well like other nights. Most nights he would fall asleep as soon as his head touched the pillow and not wake up at all.

Although he couldn't sleep well, that didn't affect his routine. Today was his first day filming his new drama 'As Time Passes'. Although he was excited for it, he also had this hint of a dark foreshadow. Pushing his thoughts aside, he got ready.

After saying goodbye to his group members, he got into his car and stated driving to the site. He had already remembered the way to the site, so he didn't need any help getting there. Although when he got into his car and started driving, he had this feeling that someone was following him.

He brushed it aside as just a feeling and that he was too paranoid right now.

When he got to the site, which was at Chengleng, he got out of the car and started heading in. When he got there he noticed that almost everyone was here, except for Wei Yu that was. When everyone noticed this, they couldn't help, but feel like Wei Yu was acting like someone important. He was just the, so called, female lead's younger brother. He was barely even in most of the episodes.

Lui Yun showed a cold face, when really, he was so happy when he saw Zi You. He had been so happy when he found out that Zi You was coming once again. He couldn't stop his hands from shaking with happiness. Although he had many questions to ask Zi You, but those questions were to.... private. Like maybe the question, do you like men? Or I love you, do you love me? Now wasn't the time to say those things yet, but he will wait. He's patient, right? Great, now he was second guessing himself once again.

He didn't know why a cold man like him would experience so many new things, when meeting someone you love. He had a cold bitter life as a child and that caused him to not trust everyone, only those he had been around for a while and know that he can trust, will be trusted. But now he was actually willing to open up to someone he had barely met. I guess you can say, this is the power of love.

When Zi You's eyes landed on him, he could feel his body slight shiver from the gaze. Once or twice, he had to stop himself from running up to Zi You and just kissing those adorable red lips.

Zi You's eyes immediately went straight towards Lui Yun. Even he didn't know why it did, but just the sight of Lui Yun made him feel warm and bubbly inside. Tossing Lui Yun a quick smile he walked towards the director to talk about filming.

Zi You had already gone over the script, so all he wanted to talk about was when he would start filming. Surprisingly, he was told that his scene would be the first with Lui Yun.

After finding out about that, the whole crew started putting all the set together. The first scene would be, kind of like introducing the male lead and the second male lead to the viewers. The first would capture Zi You in a classroom surrounded by everyone and Lui Yun would come in dragging him away, saying that Zi You was too calm, even when facing all those noise. After putting all the necessary classroom materials, everyone got into their spots.

The other students were played by small time actors and actresses. Zi You positioned himself in the desk before digging out a book.

"Ready, set, action!"

The "students" around him, immediately started talking, sending compliments towards him. Here or there someone would even touch his hair. Zhang Xu (Zi You) was too engrossed in his book to notice anything.

With a thud, the door opened revealing Mu Yan (Lui Yun). When he saw his best friend, Zhang Xu, surrounded by so many people, his steps went towards him.

He pulled onto Zhang Xu, and dragged him away from the crowd. As soon as they were away, Mu Yan's eyes glowered darkly towards before speaking.

"How can you not be affected by all those noise? Sometimes you are just too calm, either that or you're just to muddleheaded." Mu Yan said, although towards the end he muttered those words.

Zhang Xu's big eyes looked towards Mu Yan, as he softly chuckled. This sound of his chuckle, sounded like the soft whispering sound of the wind blowing, softly caressing one's face.

"Sorry, Yan Yan. I was too distracted reading my book." Zhang Xu said. Yan Yan was the name he would call Mu Yan, while Mu Yan called him Xu Xu.

"That sounds just like you." Mu Yan said, as he bit his lips looking towards Zhang Xu, resisting the urge to laugh. That didn't go well, and pretty soon the sound of laughter echoed the hallway.