15; crazy

CRAZY FOR YOU

❝ CRAZY FOR YOU ❞

The common room was crowded and smoky, the opulent area thick with grey clouds billowing around the room. It hovered mostly atop a round table near the back where Negan's men congregated. She saw Simon first, round cigar between his lips with an animated smile stretched beneath his hirsute lip. Beside him was Negan, his leather jacket, evidently unimpressed with the cigarette smoking going on around him.

She unabashedly attempted to hide behind Sherry, but when four girls as good looking as Negan's wives walk into a room, heads turn. Including his.

He was shocked at first, his jaw lowering as his eyes roamed up and down her body from the very corner of the room, but it faded quickly and turned into annoyance. It was a familiar expression, the way his jaw ticked and his eyelids hooded. She figured it was a problem she'd have to deal with later.

"What do you think?" Sherry turned to her.

"10/10, so far," she responded sardonically. The woman rolled her eyes and took Winona by the hand, dragging her closest to the platform as they could get. The girls gathered around, except for Frankie who left to get them all drinks, and clasped their hands excitedly.

"Who's going first?" Tanya grinned like a child.

"For?" Winona said.

"Karaoke, silly." She glanced toward the stage. "Once one person goes first, it doesn't stop for the rest of the night."

Frankie interrupted by strolling over, arms outstretched with drinks in her hands.

"Scotch for you two," she muttered, handing the carefully held drinks to the girls, "and tequila for Winona."

"You're a good listener," she complimented, holding up the drink. It was an appealing pink concoction, likely mixed with some sort of lemonade.

Frankie grinned and sat down. "Did you guys see the look on Negan's face?"

Sherry nodded, peeking over her shoulder for half a second. "He was pissed, wasn't he?" Winona and Negan were in opposite corners of the room, yet the clouds of undulating smoke around him didn't obliterate her view. He was leaned back in his seat, chin up with his fingers picking at his rough beard. He muttered words she couldn't make out to the men beside him but was ultimately disinterested, his gaze landing upon her. He tilted forward and winked before she could break her stare.

"There's no way he can stay pissed at that," Frankie complimented, eyeing her although her lower half was covered by the table, "he likes it. If anything, he might just ask you to be his wife again."

"Maybe you'll consider it," Sherry said with a hopeful look.

Giggling into her glass, Winona shook her head. "Not gonna happen."