Chp 11: Recovery

3 weeks had passed and Daryl was able to learn to get around in crutches as best as he could. Not much happened during that time, Dwight picked the crutches up on one of his trips to hilltop, Daryl thanked him for it days after the gory incident and was returned with a welcoming nod. Maggie got over her heated attitude towards Paul, apologising for any blame she put upon him. 'It was a stressful situation' she added before leaving to do her gardening. Rick, Michonne, Carl and Rosita were informed about the incident by Tara the day Daryl woke up from his small coma and they practically dropped everything to see him, they left hilltop a week later feeling assured that Daryl was more than okay. Since living back in Paul's trailer, Daryl realised how frustrating it was to get around. His arms ached, his stump was still tender and his ability to do basic tasks were reduced. Paul was constantly told it was okay since the young man would not quit treating the hunter like a delicate flower but it never seemed to get through to him. A part of Daryl was grateful but he desperately wanted the worst part of recovery to be over. He felt helpless and Paul knew it, only making the scout more frustrated with himself, like he wasn't trying hard enough to make up for everything he thought he did wrong.  

Today, Daryl was back in Carson's trailer along with Paul and Earl, the man who worked with metal. Earl spent most of the three weeks working on spare prosthetic legs that were brought over, adding and readjusting things with the help of Carson who measured out which were more suitable for the hunter. The first two were useless, Daryl nearly hit the ground several times. the third one, however, balanced well and now the three men were outside with Daryl, Cason by his side for balance while Earl and Paul watched from a short distance. They brought the attention of other resistants including Maggie, Enid and Tara who were cheering him on. 

"You ready? i'm gonna let go your arm." Carson said. Daryl nodded, feeling slightly embarrassed. He felt like a giant toddler taking his first steps. 

-------------
Just a really short part to just update ya'll on my sweet boys

Isn't Daryl doing great? ❤