Chapter 32

Layla's POV

"Little squirt?"

I jump at the deep voice, whipping my head to the left, my breathing coming out rapid.

I'm in the lockers room, waiting for Jack. Like hell am I leaving him behind with him.

My eyes connect with the scary man I met before, Ronchi I think that's his name.

Ronchi crosses his arms, frowning. "What's wrong? Where's Jack?" He questions.

"Uh.." my voices comes out groggy and I clear my throat.

"He's using the restroom."

"Right.." he nods, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Yeah.." I push the hair off my face, staring at him.

Hmm. He might know a thing or two about Killian.

"Uh, can I ask you something?" I ask, casually and he nods slowly.

"Uh.. I've been here a few time and I've been hearing this name... Like a lot.." I furrow my brows. "I'm just wondering..do you know a guy named by Killian? Killian Scarce, I think that's it.." I purse my lips, looking up at him.

His whole posture tenses, his gaze flies to the door and he looks around, before placing his gaze back on me. He nods his head across the room, signalling to follow him and I nod.

We stop at a corner and he turns to me, getting straight to the topic.

"Killian Scarce..son of Kygo Scarce." His eyes become distant. "Kygo and his wife, Grace, died in an awful fire when Killian was just a child, Kygo had a business. An underground business, he was the leader, it was possibly the biggest gang in this country. A few years after his death, Killian took over. He has a brother-" he squints his eyes, shaking his head. "I don't know his name." He says gruffly, furrowing his brows. "But some say he was the cause of the fire.."

I frown, narrowing my eyes. Jack?

"Anyway, Kygo. I used to work for him, he wasn't a bad man, never hurt anyone, unless they deserved it. And when he did, oh my.." he takes a deep breath. "He would be brutal. I was his best man. Sargent R, I did some of his dirty work. Yes. The gang included a lot of dodgy stuff.. as you expect, you know.. killing, torturing, drugs and stuff." He looks down at me. "I don't work for Killian, I retired after his father's passing, so things could've changed-"

The door creaks open, and he cuts himself off.

"See you later little squirt." He murmurs, making his way to the door.

I pinch my brows together, thinking about all the words he said.

"Oh hey, Jack."

I snap my head to the door and catch Jack staring right back at me.

"Jack.." I give him a smile. Ronchi walks out, and I slowly make my way to Jack.

He bites his lip, his body rigid. I frown, wrapping my around him and he tenses.

I look up at him, worry seeping through me. "Are you okay?" I ask, quietly.