5; Neither am i his

CHAPTER 5

-

"Where are you taking me today?"

I ask, playing with the hem of my skirt. It's not the first time, I am going out with Jimin. He probably spends his free days with me or back home with his family. I've never met his parents officially, not like i want to.

"Hmm, Wherever you want," He smiles, glancing at me once while driving the car. "I don't have a particular place in mind though." I reply honestly.

"How about we go shopping? I actually want to buy a gift for my mother." Jimin suggests. I shrug my shoulder, "That's alright."

We stop at an expensive jewellery store. I walk out of the car as Jimin makes his way to my side, smiling. He's wearing a simple outfit; Denim jacket, black tee and blue denim jeans.

People are staring him as if he's some celebrity. Jimin looks least bothered because he's used to getting such attention. On the other hand, I feel weird, it makes me insecure about myself sometimes.

Though, I am quite confident about myself still, their gazes and whispers making it difficult for me to stay positive about myself.

Jimin grabs my hand in his, giving it a soft squeeze, making me look at him. He's smiling at me. I can see the wrinkles around his eyes when he smiles.

"Ignore the stares." He coos softly, walking towards the store. The guard outside the store bows down a little, welcoming us with a friendly smile.

I smile back to him, seeing Jimin nod his slightly, acknowledging his greet. He is rich and a brat at times but he never disrespects people and never brag.

"It's still weird." I mumble loud enough for him to hear. He wraps his arm around my waist, smoothly.

Upon, entering the store he leans a little to whisper in my ear, "They can just stare because they can't touch what's mine."

"Oh, Who do we have here?" The man behind the counter says as soon as we enter the store. Jimin removes the shades and stretches out his hand to shake with his, "Hello, Mr. Byun,"

"Hello, Mr. Park. It's nice to see you after a long time." Mr. Byun greets, politely.

"Indeed a long time." Jimin replies. "Oh, Hello?" Mr. Byun looks at me, smiling.

"My girlfriend," Jimin immediately answers without even thinking once. I look at him, smiling fake and introducing myself, "Y/N, nice meeting you."

"It's an honor to meet you, Y/N-ssi." He bows down respectfully.

It's not the first time Jimin has introduced me as his girlfriend. Sometimes, I wonder he does not against my will, else it's not tough to slap him in the face. And shut him down for once and all but sadly I can't or perhaps, I don't want to do it.

After buying a thin diamond necklace for Jimin's mother, We both make our way to the car. He insisted on buying me something but I refused. I don't want him to spend his money lavishly on me.

Though some people have this thought in their minds that I don't push him away because he is a rich boy but that's not true. There's something about Park Jimin, that i can't help.

"You there, Y/N?"

I flinch, hearing his voice suddenly. Jimin is waving his hand in front of me while we are standing beside the car. I look at him and smile, "Yes, I am okay," tugging a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Sure?" He furrows his brow, seemingly concern about me.

"Yes," I reassure immediately.

Jimin smiles, opening the car door for me, "Come on, get in now." I nod my head, sitting down on the passenger seat.