nine || rules of being a marauder

ACT ONE; CHAPTER NINERULES OF BEING A MARAUDER

RULES OF BEING A MARAUDER

--

FOR THE FIRST time in weeks, the medallion was at the back of Eleanor's mind. It was still there burying itself deep within her brain but it was so far behind the enemy lines that Voldemort was almost a distant memory. That, along with seeing loved ones' happiness, was why Eleanor loved all special occasions – even Christmas, as long as it was at Hogwarts.

                The special occasion the afternoon after her agreement with Regulus was made was the first date of Pandora Nott and Xenophilius Lovegood. An occasion which, if Eleanor had been allowed to plan, would be a national holiday to celebrate the two weirdest people in the world admitting their love for each other. Alas, Xeno had declined her offer as the couple decided against the stereotypical Hogsmeade date so therefore not a single other person knew about it other than Eleanor and Kelsie.

                However, because the duo knew about it yet were forbidden to do anything to plan it, they'd spontaneously decided to help Pandora get ready. Which was how two things were at the back of heads that evening: Voldemort and his medallion was at the back of Eleanor's mind, while she was curling the back of Pandora's head. For the occasion, the pink charm had come off and was replaced by Pandora's natural pale hair which was apparently a Pureblood trait.

                "Are you certain you don't want your Hogsmeade date? Look how well it worked out for Eleanor and Regulus?" Kelsie was joking as she raided the shared wardrobe of herself and Pandora. They'd done it in the girls' second year to acquire more room, according to them at least.

                "Yes, we've already named our first child. Roberta."

                In the mirror, Eleanor could see Pandora rolling her eyes. "As brilliant as that sounds, El, we're taking a hard pass on that one for our first date. Eventually we'll go... and you'll be able to spy on us then as much as you want. No, Kelsie, green is not my colour. Maybe if it was yellow?"

                "You're a Slytherin." Kelsie replied incredulously but put the skirt away nonetheless.

                "And? It's only my tie that has to be green, technically." Pandora shrugged. Her wand, that Eleanor was using to curl her hair, went up with her without warning and with a hiss Pandora had sent her best friend an apologetic look. "Sorry. Maybe it'd feel better if you let me borrow that top of yours? The black one with the feathers."

                "How would that make me feel better?"

                "Because I'm your best friend in the whole world and you love me more than life?"

                Admittedly, Eleanor was reluctant because she knew that the top would be charmed yellow the moment Pandora was sure Eleanor couldn't see and Pandora had difficulties casting spells that wore off. However, her best friends bargaining chip didn't spurt any lies so she couldn't pull her thoughtful face forever. So she dawned her frustrated face and used her own wand to call the top over.