Chapter - 4

Loud crashing noise woke Harry after a restless night. He jumped when there was a loud curse after the crash. What was going on?

He rubbed his eyes, it was not even eight in the morning. What was going on?

When he opened the door of his bedroom, the first thing he noticed was Louis jumping around in the dining room on one foot. His expression pained and mouth open to make some hurt gibberish noise. Next thing Harry noticed was blood. On the floor.

His sleep was well off his eyes by now still Harry rubbed his eyes and widen them to take a sure look. Yes. It was blood.

"What the hell did you do?"

Louis flinched, turning to face Harry with an apologetic expression. The corners of his eyes were moist. He looked like a hurt pup right at that moment. Harry bit his lips, frowning at the alpha to urge him for an explanation.

"I was making breakfast," Louis whispered, looking down at the floor like a scolded puppy, "I am not quite good at it?" he phrased it as a question. Harry watched how the alpha pouted when he looked up. "The bowl fell when I went to whisk the egg," Harry bit his lips harder, trying not to laugh when the alpha glared at the broken bowl.

"How do you whisk?" Louis asked, looking confused and genuinely concerned.

Harry rolled his eyes. He turned to go to the storage room, "don't move from that place until I come back." He called back.

When he came back, Louis was on the phone, smiling about something. Harry noticed how the morning rays of the sun were framing the alpha from behind through the window behind him. He watched how motes were floating around his figure. Louis' brown hair was suddenly golden under the rays. Louis' face was glowing with the orange shadow. He looked warm. And cosy.

It looked like the sun was charging up the alpha somehow.

Like the sun was leaving behind a piece of him in that alpha.

What?

Harry shook his head. What was he thinking right now? Was he calling Louis a part of the sun? What?

Harry stepped beside the alpha, bending down to wipe the floor with the broom he brought.

In a second the broom was snatched away from his hand. He jerked his head sideways to see Louis shaking his head, still talking on the phone. Louis motioned with his chin for Harry to step back. When Harry followed suit, Louis started swiping the floor, slowly gathering the broken pieces of glasses at a corner.

Harry watched for a moment how Louis was still barefoot. He sighed, going back to his room to fetch the first-aid box. this time when he came back, Louis was shoving the phone into his pocket.

"Sit down," Harry instructed, making a gesture towards the chair in the kitchen. Louis looked at the chair and then back at Harry. He looked uncertain. Harry did not have time for that.

"Come on, do it. I am not very patient this early in the morning," he said, fixing Louis with a frown.

A small smile came upon Louis' lips, he hopped towards the chair. When he sat down, Harry walked closer.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Louis asked, alarmed suddenly.

Harry looked up at the alpha from where he was sitting down on the floor in front of the alpha.

"I need to see the cuts before I can do anything. Right?" Harry asked. He opened the first-aid box to pull out the cotton and the disinfectant liquid.