Epilogue || Part One

Thank you all for reading my short story. I really appreciate the support and making it within the top 10 couldn't have happened without all of you. I loved all of your comments even before they all got deleted.
I wanted to make a cute little short story for you all while I got ahead in No Cure and I've accomplished that. I will be posting Chapter 9 to No Cure on Wednesday !!
Thank you all again :)

~PjWhites

--  --  --

"Babe -"

"I'm not coming down."

"What? Why?"

"I can't! There are too many people out there and they're all going to be looking at me!"

"They're supposed to be looking at you. Today is about you."

"Today is about us, not just me."

"Come down to me baby. I want to see you . . . I want to kiss you and make it official."

"You should just come up here to me. Bring my parents, your parents, your sister, Kristen, Anthony, and the officiant."

"And what about everyone else like your uncle and the guys from the shop?"

" . . . . "

"You're getting cold feet aren't you?"

"OF COURSE NOT!!"

"I'm just as nervous as you are, Little Runner. I'm standing in front of a bunch of people choking in a tux with twenty light bulbs flashing in my face. Your dad and uncle look like they're going to murder me."

"My sisters are banging on the door threatening to murder me! . . . On my wedding day!!"

"Open the window so I can see you."

"No! It's bad luck to see the bride before she comes down."

"It sounds like you're not coming down and we can't get married over the phone so open the window. I'll find some megaphones and we'll scream our I do's to the world. It'll be romantic."

"I can't MG. I can't. I feel nauseous and dizzy. My hands are clammy and my heart is pounding in my throat -"

"You don't think I feel the same way? . . . . When I woke up this morning I was pumped and ready. I was ready to stand in front of over a hundred people and vow my life to you. I was ready for your dad to threaten to cut my balls off and bury me where no one could find me if I ever hurt you. I was ready for our mothers and your sisters to cry. I was ready for your best friend to hold a pocket knife to my heart as she hugged me. I was ready for all of that and now I'm ready to make you my wife. We've been together for four years, Snow. For four years I've held off impregnating you because I didn't want your dad to kill me. Three years I knew I wanted to marry you but I waited to ask you because I knew you still needed time to adjust to my wild life. Two years I waited to ask you to move in with me and last year you said yes to a question that almost put me in the hospital because I was so nervous to ask."

"Demitri -"

"Today's the day my life begins. All my life I've been just me. Just a smart mouthed kid. Today I become a man. Today I become a husband. Today I become accountable to someone other than myself. Today I become accountable to you. To our future. To all the possibilities that our marriage has to offer. Together no matter what happens I'll be ready for anything and everything. To take on life. To take on love. To take on the possibility and responsibility. Today Snow Alexandria Chadwick our life begins and I for one can't wait."

" . . . . "

" . . . . "

"You just quoted Alex from Grey's Anatomy."

"I did."

"You really did pay attention."

"I did."

"You still want to marry me even after you've been waiting for almost an hour?"

"I do."

"I do too . . . I'll be down in ten."

--   --   --