Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Grinding my teeth I felt my chest tighten as I watched Stacy stomp upstairs the long train of the dress that still didn't fit dragging behind her. Still it was better than sitting in the office during my lunch break with my thoughts filled with Wes and what we spoke about. Being my father's daughter I decided to put off the decision rather than face the problem head on.

"Nothing fits!" she shrieked from the top of the stairs "Someone do something about this damn dress or I swear none of you will find work again!" she threatened

I rolled my eyes as the three seamstress rushed after her with their equipment in hand. Surely they didn't believe the airhead had the sort of power, she is just a washed up model who received her big break because she's marrying a soon to be senator. Even with Greg she didn't wield the power to prevent them from getting another gig.

"Why am I here again?" I huffed as a maid handed me a long island ice tea, my mother's favorite beverage

Crossing one leg over the other she pressed two fingers against her temple "Your sister needs help calming down every ten minutes and I'm close to throttling her."

Smiling despite my current situation I sipped my drink "I'm guessing it's been difficult."

"Difficult?" she repeated the word, her eyes widening as she sat up "I'm one more tantrum away from canceling this wedding. Those two are a perfect pair of drama queens."

"Greg did watch too much reality tv." I mumbled under my breath

"The man recorded the entire season of the Housewives of Atlanta." she snorted

Giggling I spotted a crack of a smile on my mother's lips, it was then I realized she didn't love Greg like I previous assumed. She was kind to the man but that probably had more to do with her perfect social skills than genuine liking towards the prick.

A petite Asian woman ran down, her eyes gleaming with tears "Ms. Sparks wants her fiancee to have a refitting for his tux."

My mother groaned and buried her face in her hands "If I have to listen to the man speak about the shade of his tie not matching his dress shirt I'll shove needles in his eyes."

Twisting in her seat she lifted her head, her soft caramel eyes pleading silently for me to go find the douche. After a while I caved realizing she wasn't kidding about the shoving needles in his eyes part.

"Thank you sweetheart." she beamed happily

Grumpily, I started up the stairs where the groom was currently staying till the wedding. Stacy had decide moving in so my mother could help out more was a great idea whist my mother just wanted to strangle her, which in my opinion isn't such a bad idea. I ventured to the left wing of the house where my mother sent him earlier when he arrived shortly after me. Passing the strict portraits of my father, uncles and grandpa; all crooked politicians.

As I neared the guest room he and Stacy currently shared I heard a grunt from the room across from it. Curious as to what the sound was I inched closer to the door as another grunt sounded, scanning the hallway I reached for the doorknob as a familiar voice spoke from the other side. My curiosity spiked hearing his voice and in one quick push I swung the door open.

"Oh my God!" I gasped in horror at the sight of my best friend standing behind a grinning Greg who hadn't noticed my presence due to the cöck filling his back entry

"Don't stop." Greg whimpered

Shock at his last comment I turned my gaze at Aaron who stood frozen behind him, his warm brown eyes as wide with surprise as mine. Turning on my heels I shut the door with a hand over ny mouth to keep the screams from bubbling to the surface as I attempted to understand what I just walked in on.