Chapter 13

Honeymoon Flap

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest announced with a delighted tone. His smile is so wide to the point that I want to slap that grin off his face. But that sucks, for the first time I want to hurt a priest. Oh, crap.

I was frozen to where I stand but Caius already stepped to turn to face but I still remain unmoving.

"Come on, wife. Don't you want to be kissed?" The sarcastic whisper was so visible in his voice. It sounded icy at the same time.

"You don't have to kiss me." My voice cracked as I say it due to my rising heart beat.

"It won't be a wedding if we do not kiss, idiot."

"Of course it is still a wedding! A kiss is only for a show." I spat turning to him in a swift but that made it easier for him to grab my waist so he could pull me closer. And that kinda catch my breath in a second.

"Our wedding is a show." He murmured before closing the space between us and kissed me right there, leaving me breathless.

The moment his lips touched mine, the moment that I kissed him for the very first time that we met. Now it sinks it in me, we started in a mistake.

All of this.

We kissed in that club knowing that I'm engaged to someone. I happen to do that mistake with conscious and a blurry mind. At some point, I did something out of my league.

He was kissing me deeply like the one he gave me at the club. That kind of kiss that will melt this cold and heavy thing inside my chest. As it blurs out everything in my mind.

I do not have the strength to kiss him back but it changes in split second. My lips started moving along with the wave of the passion. My stiff arms loosen up and they crawl up his shoulders and hesitantly try to wrap it. His hold on my waist got even tighter and we seems to be lost in our own little world.

This will suppose to take longer if his parents didn't clap their hands and one of his friends shouted "Save it for the honeymoon, Caius!"

We parted and my face got hotter. I wish that these sands would eat me up and hide me under.

I inhaled deeply and bit my lips. A guy with a camera comes to us and took our picture together and my mind is still cloudy. I am still dazed from the kiss that we shared and I don't think that my mind can take care of it. I can't even look straight to Caius right now.

His parents walk near us and congratulated us. Carla was crying nonstop as she hugged me tightly. "Congratulations, Shanaya. My God, you are so beautiful today."

"Thanks, Carla." I smiled back as she squeezed my hand.

"I'm so glad that my son finally finds his happiness." She wiped her tears and grinned. "I can't thank you enough for coming into his life."

"You two should have told us that you are engage when you came to visit us." George said when he and Caius joined us. "Your brothers will surely come when they knew."

"I know they are busy so I didn't bother. Besides, we can celebrate everything once we got back." Caius replied, pulling me to his side. "I do not when will that be because, my wife and I still haven't seen Hawaii that much."