Blood Rush

Previously...

I calm myself down, wiping my tears and decided to stop feeling bad for myself and just move past it... Well, slowly but surely by myself. Everyone else can just think I've moved past it, when really I'm just about dead inside.

Now...

"Yeah..." I heard Carol's voice and then her laugh. I look down to see Carol talking to Axel, one of the two prisoners living in cell block D.
And just as Axel brings his head to look up at me, it's blown off.

He was shot out of nowhere by god knows what. I quickly hold my gun up, turning to shoot at what just shot Axel before I'm knocked to my butt in one swift motion. I groan feeling a sharp pain in my stomach, just below my rib cage.

Shit... I was shot.

Blood drips down my stomach and down my hip. I hold the wound with my hand and instantly my hand turns red from the blood.

"Shit..." I get on my knees, hissing in pain. I slowly reach over and slide my gun towards me before throwing it over my shoulder and quickly leaving the guard tower.

Once my feet hit the concrete, I look to make sure everyone is okay. I see Beth and Carl hiding behind some benches, Carl shooting his hand gun, Beth hiding behind him.

Carol is on the ground, hiding behind Axel's dead body. I hide behind the guard tower. Hershel, Michonne and Rick are on the outside of the fences. Rick was having another one of his episodes with him seeing things.

I bite my lip, leaning against the tower to stay up right, shooting at the enemy. Carol dodges the bullets, running to where Maggie came out of the prison with a bunch of guns for anyone that needed them. I began to follow Carol's steps, only to be stopped by more gunshots inches away from me and Axel's dead body.
I hid behind a broken slab of wood that was leaning against the fence, trying to stay as low to the ground as possible.

"ALLY!" Carol yelled. I looked over her way to find her, Maggie, and Beth staring at me.
I waved at them with one hand, the other trying to stop the bleeding from my wound. Carol looked horrified. She was staring at my stomach.

Shit, shit, shit...

My heart began to beat a million miles an hour as I slowly move my eyes down my shirt to the bullet wound. Blood was practically running out of me, making a deep red puddle around me.

I swallowed, suddenly getting dizzy as my eyes got heavy.

"ALLY!" This time it was Carl that yelled. And he was running towards me.

"No!" Beth yelled to him.

"Carl, you'll get shot!" Maggie yelled too.
But he didn't care. He ran as fast as he could until he was at my side, luckily without a scratch.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU DUMBASS?" I asked, hissing in pain.

"Saving your ass." He grunted, helping me to my knees, continuing to stay low. Gunshots hit the side of the wood, Carl and I both drawing our guns and shooting in the direction they came from.

I grunted in pain, falling from my knees to my butt. "Come on, Ally." Carl wrapped his arm around my shoulder, sliding it underneath my armpit of the other arm to help me stand up.

"No, Carl." I hissed. All the shooting has slowly stopped and both sides are waiting to see who is going to shoot first.

"Ally, this our chance and you're bleeding out. Come on." I didn't argue as he stood up and I got on my feet. With one hand Carl helped me walk and the other held my wound, along with my own hands.

We ran to the prison entrance, keeping low. My head is spinning, and my legs are shaking. My eyes don't want to stay open and I'm sweating like crazy. "Take her to a cell and keep pressure on the wound." I hear Carol's voice.

All I see his darkness now and I'm trying to stay awake so I don't fall on Carl. We eventually make it to the inside of the prison somehow. Carl quickly sits me down of on the bed of the Emergency Care cell, grabs some gaze, and holds it up to my wound, adding pressure.

In seconds the gaze is soaking in a warm oozing red liquid. "Shit..." Carl grabs more gaze as I lean against the wall, trying to stay conscious. "You're going to be okay, Ally." He says, probably trying to convince himself more than me.

I'm fine with my fate, Carl.

I look up at him. "Carl we have to go help them."

"I'll go, you're bleeding out. Hold these to your wound." Carl grabs my hands, pushing them against the gun shot and I loosely hold them there.

"No, Carl we need to help everyone." I argue, trying to stand up.

"No, please stay put." Carl softly pushes me down and it works.

"Carl, I-" I'm cut off. My head spins, my heart stops and I close my eyes. Carl connects his lips to mine and I kiss him back.

After a second he pulls away and takes a deep breath, looking into my stunned eyes. "Ally, just please stay here... I can't lose you, okay?"

I bite my lip and nod. He nods back, stroking a piece of fallen hair behind my ear. He nods one last time before he runs out of the room.

Carl just kissed me...

CARL JUST KISSED ME.

I lean back against the wall again and can't help but smile even though I'm in excruciating pain.

Oh, Ally get your head out the clouds. Your group is being attacked, DO SOMETHING.

So, I take a deep breath before standing up and limping out the room as blood runs down my shirt and jeans.

~~~
(Carl POV)

"No, Carl we need to help everyone." Ally argues, trying to stand up.

"No, please stay put." I push her shoulder softly and she leans against the wall again.
Why won't she listen? Doesn't she know she's on the verge of death?

"Carl, I..."

She's not listening. I can't do this. I love her and I can't live to see her die.

F*ck it.

I smash my lips onto hers to shut her up. When I pull away, I notice how pale she was and how exhausted she looked.

"Ally, stay here... I can't lose you, okay?" And I speak the truth. I'd die without her. Now she knows I like her so I really have to protect her with my life... plus she kissed back!

She stares up at me, totally stunned that I kissed her. Then she nods, biting her lip. I nod too, stroking a piece of hair that fell into her face behind her ear. I nod again, seeing she's all good here. Even though I don't want to leave her, I have to help the rest of the group.