two

real life

The constant ding after ding of notification coming from the phone, is what woke Alexa up from her nap

The constant ding after ding of notification coming from the phone, is what woke Alexa up from her nap. She had put her phone on silent, but the vibrating was still enough to wake her up. She could see the light peaking from underneath the phone screen as she has her phone turned down on the front so she wouldn't see the screen light up each time a new message came through. She heard her phone vibrate again and reached over for it. She unlocked the phone and read the messages. They're all about how the Iron Idiot is to blame for finding Thor playing Pokemon Go in a ditch.

She still doesn't know how she ended up in that chat in the first place. She was in the market one day, checking out the cereals when suddenly her phone went off like crazy. She immediately pulled her phone out and saw that she was in a group chat. A group chat with interesting names and all their petty and stupid situations. Sometimes she felt that if the Seinfeld characters had a group chat, that one would be the one.

Alexa should've made herself present to the chat members, tell them that she was accidentally added or she should've just left the chat just like that, but she didn't. She found their conversations interesting and remained anonymous and invisible for weeks. It took her a while to figure out who the people in the chat are, she connected the dots with the things they said and she had her suspicions and finally it was confirmed. Alexa is in the Avengers group chat and they have no idea she's there.

Alexa sighed, set her phone back down and laid back in bed "don't they have other things to do" she asked herself. The vibrating that came from her phone served her as an answer "no, they don't" she muttered before getting out of bed and grabbing her phone before walking out of her room.

One of her roommates, Bria, who is sitting at the table, looked up from the papers she's grading "nice nap?" She asked.

"It would've been nice if certain people in a chat would dial it down" Alexa grumbled as she walked over to the table and took a seat.

"Why don't you just leave the chat?" Bria set the red pen down and leaned back in the chair.

Alexa yawned and shrugged her shoulders "they're interesting"

"Who's interesting?" Their third roommate, Shay, asked as she stood next to the table with a mug of tea in her hands.

"The Avengers group chat" Alexa answered.

"Oh" she nodded before sitting down across from Alexa "what are they up to?" Shay took a sip of tea.

"I was rudely woken up by the information of the Avengers finding Thor playing Pokemon Go in a ditch"

Shay nearly choked on the tea while Bria laughed "I bet that was a sight to see" she smiled widely.

"Are there any pictures?" Shay asked.

Alexa unlocked her phone and entered the chat. She scrolled up but saw no pictures "no" she shook her head "but they will probably post something later. Especially that billionaire guy"

"Stark?" Bria questioned.

"What other billionaire would she be talking about?" Shay muttered under her breath.

"Yeah, he usually sends pictures in the chat...after he's made them memes" Alexa explained "woah" she said in realization.

"What?" The two girls ask at the same time.

"Nothing, it's just, I've been in that chat for so long that I actually feel like I know them. It's kinda creepy"

"Creepy would be if you knew every single detail about them without never saying a single word to them" Shay told her friend.

"Well she knows plenty about them. You can't get any more personal than being in their group chat" Bria informed.

"Alexa Park, the ultimate stalker" Shay waved her hands in the air, picturing the headline in the newspaper "no, no, no, wait... Alexa Park the Avengers stalker"

"I'm pretty sure I need to live in the same state as the Avengers to be considered a stalker" Alexa spoke up "they live in New York while I live in California. Away from them and their troubles"

"And they better stay there. I don't want them coming over here and destroying Randy's Donuts" Shay mumbled as she took a sip of her tea. 

"Randy's Donuts?" Bria and Alexa laughed.

"They're good donuts. I like the ones with the bacon bits" Shay defended herself.

"Oh yeah, I like those. A student from my first period class brought a box of donuts one time and I got one with bacon bits in it. Not bad" Bria nodded. 

"Yesterday Eugene gave me a chocolate bar with bacon bits in it. That was the most delicious thing I've ever had" Alexa inputted.

"Does everything in this country have bacon bits?" Shay exasperatedly asked. 

"Yes" Bria nodded.

"It's the only way to live" Alexa said at the same time Bria spoke. The three girls stared at each other before erupting in laughter.