Seaweed Brain versus Wisdom

It all had started when I had asked Athena the goddess of wisdom a chance to prove myself worthy in her eyes to marry her daughter Annabeth.

I had gotten myself a quest to fight Athena at the top of Mt.Helens, I think she bested me at least 50 times. I was trying to regain my posture when the tip of Athena's knife was at my face.

"Perseus Jackson, do you still want to ask my daughter her hand in marriage?" Athena twisted her knife as she said it and it gleamed brightly.

See a normal not crazy like me demigod would have quickly said no and prayed for protection from another god and begged Athena for forgiveness. I was in love with Annabeth and not even Athena could come between us. Tartarus didn't so why a god?

I looked up at her wobbling to my feet, I coughed and looked at her stared through her steely gray eyes. They had a reason to call her 'the gray eyed one'
I looked at her and said "Athena I mean you no disrespect, but I have been through everything with Annabeth, Also you know for a fact that I love her would it be wise, to separate her from a boy that she loves and that experienced horrible and almost dying times with her?"

She looked at me and was still she seemed to judge my whole expression "Even if I were to kill you, would you still want to marry her" she asked slowly. I nodded. She sheathed her knife and looked at me "Percy I give you my blessing, do not take it lightly."

I looked away as Athena glowed dangerously bright when I looked again, she was gone. I fell to the ground exhausted. Then put fingers in my mouth then whistled for Blackjack.

As I laid on the ground I looked up at the sky and smiled I was going to marry my wise girl.