Chapter 2

Thea

I reach the room and dig my hands inside my purse for the key but weirdly the door was slightly open.

I hesitate to open it but I end up pushing the door wide open. It's dark so I turn the lights on and a perfectly furnished living room comes into my view and I could feel the same feeling as I did before before I shake it off.

There seems to be a theme for this living room as I notice that everything in room is the same color: gray.

I smile as I pull my bags inside the living room and find a kitchen. There's a refrigerator, microwave and a small oven.

Perfect! I could bake all I want.

I turn around and walk into a vase and it falls to the ground in pieces. "Crap," I mutter to myself.

Suddenly there is a noise coming from one of the locked doors and I stand straight. What was that?

I quickly grab the baseball bat on the side of the T.V. and hide behind the kitchen door.

I hear someone opening the bedroom door and they walk towards me. Who is that?

I close my eyes shut and feel someone walking inside the kitchen. I quickly raise the baseball bat in the air and so does he.

We both stand there shocked while looking at one another. His eyes widen in shock and he takes a step backwards.

"Oh my god, ghost!" He shouts and starts screaming, I also join in after a moment.

"Why are you screaming?" He asks, in between screaming his lungs out.

I stop screaming for a moment and look at him. "I don't know. Why are you screaming?"

"Because you are screaming," he replies back and both of us stopped screaming once and for all.

"How are you here?" He asks as he puts the baseball bat down. "And why do you have my baseball bat?"

He is wearing a green shirt and black shorts, showing his calf muscles perfectly. His blond hair are a mess and his eyes are a light shade of blue. He looks like a typical white boy which girls usually fall for.

"Who are you? Are you a thief? I swear to god I don't have any jewelry except this new necklace but it's fake, so are my rings and bracelets," I ask him and he walks towards me and I take a step back.

"Look, I'm a black belt so you better watch out before messing with me. I can hit you in a spot and you will be unconscious for good couple of hours," I threaten him and his eyes narrow.

"Really?" He asks and I nod in response. "Well, I'm not a thief."

"Oh," I breath out and lower my guard before putting the bat in the air again. "So, you're a kidnapper then? Trust me, kidnapping me is not a good idea. I talk a lot, as you can already tell so you will be tired of me. I also don't have any family who will give you ransom so you're kinda wasting your time on me."

"Hey, calm down, I'm not a kidnapper either. I'm Mark Williams," he says and I narrow my eyes.

"And what am I suppose to do with your name? I meant why are you here?" I ask and roll my eyes.

"What do you mean why am I here? I live here," he answers and a small squeak leaves my mouth.

"W-what? No, no you don't. I live here," I debate and he smiles.

"Oh you're in our crew again. I mean you're the newest member of our crew?" He asks, almost shocked and takes the baseball bat out of my hand and pulls me by my wrist and sits me on the couch.