Chapter 32

Surprise, I knew you guys were waiting for so long, so I thought I won't leave you with a cliffhanger. Thanks a lot for your patience and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

He stood there, his arm extended towards me with an apple. He must have been watching me for some time now.

I noticed that my table has grown quiet. I remembered Jason telling me how much he admired my father. These teens think my dad is a legend.

I took a quick glance at them and apart from Hails and Raven who were watching with a mild interest that they were trying to hide, everyone had their eyes bulged out so much I thought it will roll out of its socket.

I looked at him coldly before getting off my seat and pushing past him. The scraping sounded so loud and clear in the hall and I realized that the whole crowd was watching our exchange.

I gritted my teeth. What the hell is he playing at? Why is he trying this now of all times? Is he trying to make a scene?

Everyone watched with a bit of shock or curiosity. Even Blaze was frowning a teeny, tiny bit. I could catch that much even though he was so stoic.

I have to walk away before things get out of hand. I could already feel Zian stirring. This is not good.

But I stopped in my track when I saw my mother along with my sisters. I could already feel a bond with them. A bond I was desperately trying to close off.

My mother's unwavering gaze had me fixed at my point and I could sense both my sisters grow restless. Gracie shuffled in her arms while Hailey moved to her back, clutching her dress.

"Dex, who is this girl? Why do I feel a connection with her?" I could hear her voice breaking. This will not end up good. She is already starting to put the dots together.

She will know her connection with me in no time. A mother's bond with her kids is strong. Probably because maternal protective instinct is the strongest.

My father didn't respond to her. I could feel the growing tension in this room.

Damn.

I tried to walk away but his voice stopped me.

"Zara, we need to talk." There was so much pain in his voice.

"No" I curtly replied.

I don't want him to follow me. I might do something I regret.

"Zara, please. I know the last few years were tough but I want to change all of that. I want to get close to you. Please. Please give me a chance to explain. And maybe from there, if we can work it out... "

He moved to the front so he was facing me.

"I want to be in your life." He whispered.

Why doesn't he realize he has already lost his chance? This man used to be so tall and strong when I was younger. Now, I didn't see him the same way as when I was a kid.

So much drama. I could already feel the waves of murmurs going around the room.

'Why is he saying that?'

'Are they family?'

'What is happening?'

I glared at the floor fiercely, willing my wolf to stand down. She is already feeding me with violent thoughts. I won't last at this rate.

My claws had extended and blood seeped through my palms at how hard I was fisting. I knew everyone could smell its scent.

I was fighting for control so hard.