Bumper Buddies

"Charms is so freaking boring!" Pansy complained. Hermione laughed.  

          "Really? I think it's quite fun." Pansy sighed. 

          "Of course you do! You like every class! Well, except Divination." Hermione laughed again. 

          Hermione sighed as she and Pansy passed another group of students that were obviously whispering about them. Pansy noticed and playfully shoved her. 

          "Hey! What was that for?" Hermione asked as she rubbed her arm. 

          "Ignore them, 'Mione." Hermione chuckled. 

          "It's not exactly that I'm embarrassed. It's just getting annoying." Pansy sighed.

          "Tell me about it." Hermione and Pansy kept talking when suddenly someone roughly ran into Hermione. 

           "Hey! Watch where you're going, git," Pansy exclaimed as she helped stabilize Hermione. 

          "Oh! Sorry, 'Mione. I wasn't watching where I was going." Hermione scoffed and looked up at her bumper buddy. 

          "Ron?" Ron smiled idiotically. Though it seemed as if he smiled more with his lips than with his eyes. "Since when do you walk so fast? You basically knocked me off my feet." Harry laughed.

          "Yeah, Ron. You started walking faster right before you ran into Hermione." Ron rolled his eyes.

          "Are you accusing me of purposefully walking into her?" Ron accused. Harry laughed. 

          "Of course not!" Hermione laughed halfheartedly. 

          "We'd better get going. We're going to be late to class," Hermione muttered. Pansy and Hermione started to walk away when Ron suddenly grabbed Hermione by her arm. Out of instinct, she flinched away. Ron either didn't notice or didn't care. 

          Ron leaned in towards Hermione's ear. "Meet me on the Quidditch field during lunch." Hermione involuntarily shivered. And with that, Ron and Harry left Pansy and Hermione alone in the hallway. 

          "What did he say?" Pansy inquired. Hermione shrugged. 

         "He asked me to meet him on the Quidditch field during lunch." Pansy arched a brow. 

         "Asked? Or told." Hermione didn't answer.

         "C'mon. We're going to be late." Hermione started to walk away. Pansy sighed and went to catch up with Hermione. 

          "Ron just seemed... different." Hermione rolled her eyes.

          "You wouldn't even know if he was acting different. You two hate each other's guts. Hated?" Pansy snickered. 

           "Nope, still hate. I admitted that I've always thought you were cool, but I really do hate them."

           "Harry too?" Pansy thought for a moment.

          "Not really sure yet. He seems okay." Hermione laughed. 

          "Yeah. Ron has seemed distant and cold-shouldered all summer. He's been better ever since we found out we were coming back to Hogwarts."

          "Did you two break up yet?" Pansy asked. Hermione sighed. 

          "I think we have. It's kind of like an up spoken break up, but he might say it out loud soon. I mean, he just asked me to meet him somewhere. He's probably just going to clarify that it's over." Pansy sighed.