Chapter 24

Author's note: Please listen to the song. You can listen to it after you finish reading the chapter or before, but it will help you understand Zhang Xu's feelings. It might be confusing for me to tell you this, and if it is then listen to it after reading the chapter and you might understand more. Make sure to swipe left after you're done, there's a quote you can read.

Chapter 24

As soon as the scene was finished, the sound of applause rung out. Everyone was shocked that the first scene would go so smoothly. The acting was on point and they were able to successfully portray the characters.

"Amazing, that was perfect." The director's voice echoed.

Seeing that the scene was okay, Zi You walked back to take a seat.

Lui Yun was still a little stun. He didn't expect that Zi You's voice could sound so beautiful.

Zi You picked up his script and the novel (the drama's based off of a novel), and looked over it again. The name of the novel was called In The Blink Of An Eye, while the drama was going to be called As Time Passes. They had changed the title but the plot was still the same. Reading through the novel, he looked towards the part where he had highlighted. His eyes stopped as he got to certain part. He read it once again.

'Zhang Xu's eyes burned with unspoken love and sadness, not expecting that one day this day would come. In his dream everything could've been perfect, they should've been together. Maybe time wasn't on their side for no matter what he did, he was never noticed. The only thing he could do is leave this world, hoping that he would be able to ask for his next lifetime, for them to be together.

He shouldn't be too greedy in this lifetime, the moments that they have spent together, he will treasure forever, never forgetting it even in his next lifetime. It was only a one sided love, even he knew that, but why was it that his heart just couldn't move on?

He looked up, his eyes filled with heartache before softly whispering the words, "goodbye, and thank you." With his words lightning stroke across the sky, the light flashed onto his face, making his face even paler. The bullet stroke his heart, as blood splattered out, his mouth leaked with blood, before falling down. His heart stopped beating as tears escaped his eyes that were closed.'

Every time Zi You read this, he would get confused. Who was Zhang Xu talking about? Could it be the female lead? This thought echoed through his mind over and over again. Then, ring, ring, an alarm went off in his head.

Oh! My! God! It all made sense now! The reason why even though Zhang Xu like Li Mei, he had never once held her hand or even touched her. How Zhang Xu had never stepped the boundary of a brother and sister's love. It was all because Zhang Xu had never once loved Li Mei, but instead he had loved his best friend, Mu Yan. Mu Yan was the one who thought that Zhang Xu loved Li Mei.

It explained why Zhang Xu was so shocked when being told that his family had tried to murdered Li Mei from Mu Yan's own mouth. The fact about why he had been so hurt, not because of Li Mei but instead Mu Yan. All those other hints in the script finally made sense. Why Zhang Xu had said goodbye and thank you, at the last moment of his life. You're really good, huh, Author. You made a huge plot twist, that would've never been found if one didn't look closely.

Although, this just made him feel more sympathy towards Zhang Xu. To love but not be returned love, but instead hatred. Who wouldn't be mad? And yet Zhang Xu went through it, still loving Mu Yan. Even when Mu Yan loved Li Mei, he let Mu Yan go, though his heart never did. This was only making Zi You hate Mu Yan more. Heck, if Mu Yan had a body, then right now Zi You would've rushed towards him, punching him to death and sending home along with Zhang Xu.

But does this mean that originally there was no female lead, because both the title for the novel and the drama fits more with Mu Yan and Zhang Xu. The title doesn't fit the female lead because she didn't even appeared until four to five chapters into the novel, in the drama she may not appear until an episode later, which was 52 minutes long. Wait a minute. Does this mean that the story was supposed to be a boylove's story instead of... this messed up piece of sh*t.

So if this was supposed to be a boylove's story then what made the Author changed his/her mind? Why suddenly turn this into a heart wrenching story about a revenge sorta thing. We could've gotten a better story if you hadn't killed off Zhang Xu. Why did you kill Zhang Xu though? He wasn't a bad guy.

Even going through this once again, Zi You couldn't understand this. Why did Zhang Xu become Shadow Claw's leader? He could've just ran away, forget about that jerk and started a new life, so why did he? And then bell went of in his head once again.

Fu*k, Zhang Xu killed Shadow Claw's leader because he was the one who tired to kill Li Mei, didn't he. Zhang Xu didn't become Shadow Claw's leader because of revenge, but instead it was to kill the person who had tried to harm Li Mei, the person who Mu Yan loved. And yet what Zhang Xu got in return was a sleep that would last forever. This, this was all too messed up. Why did Zhang Xu still not hate Mu Yan, but still love him?

Lui Yun could only watch as his sweetheart'e eyes turned grim, while reading his script. He wondered if something was wrong, but didn't dare to ask. No matter the situation his sweetheart was in, he was still stunningly beautiful. Lui Yun only watched as Zi You's face contorted into anger.

Fu*k this son of a bit*h. That stupid motherfu*ker, I hope he rots in he*l (the next two minutes will not be written down as there will be too many swear words that may pollute your mind).It seems that Zi You had forgotten that Mu Yan was only a character and wasn't a real person. Zi You's face looked grim but that was about it, if someone was able to look into his brain they would be shocked at what was going on.

After calming himself (not really) he grabbed a water bottle and drowned his throat so that he wouldn't talk. Not much time has passed, only ten minutes. The Author should've wrote about Mu Yan finding out the truth at least. Then we could have watch/read as he suffers.