It had been nearly 45 minutes as every category had been called except the teens. Every pubescent hormonal organism in the room was on the verge of tears.

The Teens followed the stage hand back to the judges. Each judge greeted the teens with a smile.

"Before we begin, we'd like to say it has been a pleasure to listen to each and everyone of you," Demi started.

"Each of you has a great voice and we encourage you to continue singing even after this," Brittany added.

"But unfortunately we didn't have room for all of you on this season of X Factor," L.A said starting to lay out the bad news.

"In all my years on X Factor and American Idol I've learned it's better to just rip the band aid off quickly rather than slowly," Simon said easing into the results, "It is now decision time. There are six of you from this category going into the the next stage of the competition, which is the judges home shows. First person thru to the judges homes is... It's Beatrice Miller."

Beatrice covered her mouth in shock as she walked back stage crying tears of joy.

"The next persons name is," Brittany said with a short pause, "James Tanner."

James, like the machisimo boy he is, did nothing but cover his mouth in faux shock and walked back stage.

Demi took a deep shaky breath, "Also going through to the judges homes... Carly Rose Sonenclar."

Carly dropped to the ground as she covered her already pretty tear filled eyes, "Thank you. Thank you so much," she murmured as she walked back stage and attacked Beatrice in a hug.

"The next person thru to the judges homes is Lauren Jauregui."

Lauren smiled as tears ran down her face, "Thank you," she said trying to hold herself together as she went backstage.

"There are just two places left," Brittany added, "The next person thru is Reed Deming."

Reed took a huge breath in as he covered his mouth in shock, "Oh my gosh," he mumbled as he walked back stage.

A long pause was had as the remaining teens started to pray to whatever God they believed in. There was not a dry eye in the room as the judges exchanged glances.

"And the final place goes to," Simon said as all the judges looked at the teens empathetically, "Dinah Jane Hansen."

At the sound of her name Dinah's senses dissipated. Her extremities went numb, she couldn't hear a thing, and everything went blurry. She had made it. She made it to the next round at the judges houses. She walked backstage with everyone else in complete and utter shock.

She watched as her fellow teens, who had been rejected walked by her, heads hung low.

But Normani walked by her smiling, "Congratulations Dinah, you made it," Normani said as she took Dinahs hand, "I knew you would."

Dinah looked up to the familiar voice and wrapped her arms around her neck in a very tight hug, "It should've been you."

Normani wrapped her arms around her waist and gave Dinah a good squeeze, "No, ultimately you out sung us all Dinah. Don't feel bad. You earned this."