Chapter 3- Home

Varian opened up his front door, "welcome, milady." He moved allowing for (y/n) to come in. She smiled, "thank you, gent." She looked around and nodded, "this is really nice!" He grinned and then turned, "dad! Dad!"
He slowly walked forward and then a man peeked from a doorway, "yes, varian?" His gaze met (y/n) and he raised a brow, "who's this?" He smiled, "this is my new friend, (y/n)! Is it okay if she stays the night..?" Quirin shrugged, "that's okay." Quirin then relaxes his look and smiles, "do you want anything to eat?" (Y/n)'s belly growls and she grins. He nods and then disappears. Varian grabs (y/n)'s hand and drags her away. He then stops in front of a door and opens it, "this is my room!"
(Y/n) peers inside. It was a grey coloured room with a bed, dresser, and table full of books and papers. She gave him a thumbs up and plopped down on the bed. She sighed, "this is insane." Varian curiously looked over at her, "what is?" She darkened her gaze before sadly looking up to the dull ceiling, "it's just.. I've never really had a friend, and one who gives me a place to sleep, gives me food, and gives me hope? It's just... wow." Varian stared sadly, before smiling, "well..I'm glad we met. I mean, I've never had a friend to count on and you give me hope as well." Varian sat next to her on the bed and dipped his head, "I honestly feel us meeting was just something that was supposed to happen, y'know?" He turned his head to face her, blushing. (Y/n) looked back at him and held the stare, before turning red and looking down in embarrassment. She then jumped at the sound of varian's father, "Kids, here's some grub!"
(Y/n) and varian ran down the stairs and almost ran right into Quirin. He laughed, "settle down. I'm going to bed, and I won't be here in the morning. I have somewhere to be and won't be back for a few days. There's enough food to last, and try not to go far. Goodnight." He ruffled varian's hair and then walked off. The two then ran to the kitchen and grabbed what his dad prepared; ham sandwiches.
They then carried their plates to varian's room and sat on the ground. As they ate, varian talked, food muffling his voice, "so, what are your interests?" (Y/n) looked up in thought before turning to get ready for another bite, "I'm into art and music." Varian straightened his back and held his chin up proudly, "I'm a man of science. To be precise, alchemy." (Y/n)'s eyes widened and she squealed, "that's so cool!" She then shook her head, "I would've loved to study stuff like that, but I never had enough money for books." She pouted and then varian blushed, "well..I could..y'know.. let you borrow some of my books." (Y/n) shrugged, "no, no, I'm good. They're your books, I wouldn't wanna accidentally lose them." Varian then met her eye seriously, "I do trust you." (Y/n) then laughed and took a bite of sandwich, "I have a habit of losing things." Varian then chuckled and pushed his plate aside. He couldn't help but keep glancing at (y/n). He felt a longing for her, but does she feel the same?