11: Emperor and the Devil

IN THE DIM LIT STORAGE ROOM, Feng Mian sat herself on the wooden floor and laid her back on the storage room door, her frost-cold eyes danced with mirth at the three main characters on the other side of the door

"Care to inform me, Ms Ying Yue Zhao if you would still be up for a date with me?" Fei Long Liu raised an eyebrow, his electric blue eyes sharp and hard, their coldness sipping out. His voice was laced with a tinge of hope and anger.

Hope, for the thought of proving to another man that he was not the one loosing. And anger for the humiliation he was going through right now.

He always prided himself with his self-confidence in all the decisions he had made, but Ying Yue's engagement with another man while he obviously had been interested with her chipped away some of his pride. But he was never the one to lose, not the one to back off from any challenge.

Ying Yue really did not want to lose Fei Long Liu, but she could not possibly wrong Iker Matheus either. Her limpid eyes darted between the superior men in the room, the gears in her mind turning very fast.

Caught in the middle, crocodile tears begun to drop by drop down to her smooth face. While her shoulders were shaking, she pitifully said, "...I-I didn't know of it until just now, Master Liu..!" She glanced at Iker's darkened expression, but she gripped her hands and continued to whine. "I never agreed to it personally! How can I wh--"

"That's not right, Yue'er. We already have your family's consent, so we are indeed engaged. So whatever you say, it's a fact... Yue'er, do you not remember your words earlier..?" Iker was a little disappointed with Ying Yue's attempt to wash her hands off of the engagement, but even then he still wanted her.

Although Ying Yue paled, she did not stop her A-rated acting. "Young Master Matheus... I'm still 14! How can I possibly get engaged so soon...? You and I are still very young, and I'm sure there are many more suitable women out there for you. I am only but a child... I hope you don't blame me for this..."

Iker was torn as she was the first woman he ever fancied, so whether it was too early, he did not want to miss the chance. However, Ying Yue did not seem to think the same, which only told him she did not like him enough.

Although disappointed, Iker did not want to force Ying Yue. He solemnly nodded his head. "Alright. I apologies for my hastiness, Yue..." He was indeed feeling very disappointed. His eyes then glanced at Fei Long Liu's cold countenance, a stubborn expression replacing his once gloomy face.

Fei Long Liu returned Iker's challenging look, while Ying Yue discreetly released a relieved sigh. After what she'd done, she'd narrowly avoided the men's confrontation but a price of a steeper hill to climb. At least, she would not be tied with someone so soon.

• • •

Feng Mian on the other hand was silently cursing the charm of the snake. "People really love the devil..." Her eyes then turned to the array of narrow glass windows on the side and thought of her next course of actions.