4. More rules

I managed to survive the first 20 minutes of my day without thinking about the ghostly presence in my apartment. By some miracle I actually forgot all about him.

I woke up, rolled around in the bed like a lazy potato that I am, checking my phone for notifications I did not have. I yawned my way through the apartment and I stuck a chocolate chip cookie in my mouth as I tried to get the coffee machine to work.

That's when my own personal ghost decided to remind me that he's still around.

"Boo!"

The cookie falls out of my mouth, I drop the coffee mug on my bare foot and I curse out.

"Are you fucking crazy?" I hiss at him, hoping that my voice is low enough not to alert Hobi. My anger only grows when he starts giggling, having the time of his life.

I would give all I have for a chance to punch him without objects going through him.

"I'm sorry, the opportunity to scare you was too good for me to pass on."

"Please, don't," I tell him. He's a dickhead, that's what he is. If I get angry on him, that will only fuel him up. Maybe if I beg, he changes his mind. "I already agreed on having you around here, even if I didn't have much of a choice. Please, don't scare me like that. I don't want to join you in the ghost world."

"But it's fun," he whines, looking like a toddler with his bottom lip sticking out and his nose scrunched.

"Find another way to have fun, I beg of you."

It takes him a bit to catch on but once he does, he can tell I'm serious. And for the first time since I opened my eyes and saw him crouching next to my bed, he looks serious as well.

"Okay. I won't scare you anymore."

"Please."

At that moment, Hoseok walks into the kitchen.

I need to be more careful; if he walked in a second earlier, he would have seen me talking to thin air.

Luckily, he doesn't notice that anything is off; he walks right by Jungkook on his way to the fridge.

For a while, all three of us are silent. I drink coffee and Hobi is attacking his cereal while Jungkook is sitting on the windowsill behind him, kicking his legs. I swear, he might look like a man but he really does act like a kid.

I wonder if being a ghost messed his head up.

Why am I even trying to rationalize the existence of a ghost?

"Have you talked to Namjoon?" Hobi breaks the silence between us.

"Who's Namjoon?" Jungkook pipes up.

"I have," I sigh, looking down at Hobi. "I wish I hadn't, though. I don't know, I still can't get over everything that has happened."

"What happened?" Jungkook asks.

"JJ, you're going to have to move past it at one point," Hobi sighs. "He didn't have a choice. Well, he did, technically, but if he stayed here, with us, you know his father would never let it go. And you know he'd blame you for it."

"I do," I agree. "But I just wish Joon fought him a bit on it, you know? He agreed without giving it a try. He never tries to confront him about everything. And I'm being a bitch because I'm telling him to try and live his own life, and not the life his father wants for him."

"Seriously, who the hell is Namjoon and why does this seem like a good ass drama?"

"Do you really think you're in a position to talk about confronting parents?" Hobi raises an eyebrow.