CHAPTER TWO

Chapter 02

- Mia White -

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in the arms of Ace with my face squished against his chest. Whenever I tried to push him off, or at least have some space between us, he would only hug me tighter. I tried to wake him up, poking his cheeks and even slapping his chest, but to no avail.

"Mia..." he murmured in his sleep, burying his face feeling in my hair.

I smiled, but still kind of annoyed that he was suffocating me. I glared at him for a few moments before giving up. There's no way I'd be able to wake this beast up. The only thing I managed to do was turn around so that my back was facing him.

I heard someone knocking at the door, and wondered who would be up this early besides myself. It couldn't be Jacob, Levi, Sarah or Ben since they're probably savouring the moment of getting the chance to sleep in. When the door opened, I was surprised to see it was Ben. His arms were crossed over his chest as he leaned against the door with a sly smirk on his face.

"Need help getting out of his little cage?" Ben asked even when he knew my answer.

"How are you up so early? And doesn't your head hurt from getting drunk last night?"

"I took some pills once I got out of bed," he shrugged. "Now do you want me to help you or not?"

"Please do."

Ben smiled and walk towards me. He told me that this wasn't the first time he's seen Ace cage me in his arms like this. It was when we all decided to have a sleepover at Ace's house. It was past midnight, everyone was sleeping in the living room with their sleeping bags or whatever they used since we all hung out there for the night.

Ben needed to go to the washroom, but before he went he saw there was something on my face. He was able to see it since Ace left a small light on because I didn't like sleeping in full darkness. Ben was going to whip the thing off my face before Ace suddenly grasped his wrist before he could even touch me.

For me, it was kind of hard to believe. Ben told me it was true, and that it's the fastest way to wake him up, but I wasn't buying it.

"Just watch," Ben said. "I'll just try to poke your forehead."

He slowly went to touch my forehead, and just like Ben said, Ace grabbed his wrist before he could lay a finger on me. Ace's arms slightly tightened around me as he gripped Ben's wrist. Ben frowned and tried to free himself from Ace's grip, but it was no use.

"Told ya it would wake him up. Now let go of me!" He exclaimed.

I heard Ace growl and release his grip on Ben's wrist. Ben looked at his wrist before looking at me with saddened eyes.

"You better punish that monster you call your boyfriend. Look! He hurt me!" He cried, pouting to his bruised wrist.

I chuckled while Ben ran out of the room. Now that Ace was - hopefully - awake, I was able to get out of bed. It turned around to face him to see that all his attention was on me. I smiled and used one of my hands to run my fingers through his hair. He closed his eyes and smiled as I continued. Eventually, I stopped, causing him to frown and open his eyes to lock with mine.