Librarians ( 8 )

Alex and I walked through the camp to the library.

I opened the door to the library and was greeted by a familiar face but not a friendly one. The old man from the training grounds who was an ass to Ty. I think his name was Shane. He was sitting at an old wooden desk looking at a paper with a bitter face. When he heard the door open his eyes fell on me and he glared at me. Seriously, What's this guy's problem with me?

"What do you want?", Shane said to me as he took off his glasses.

"We were going to see if we could read up on the Armies of Darkness. So we would know what we are fighting with." I said as Alex closed the door behind us.

Shane gave a short laugh at me before saying, "Yes you are going to need all of the help God can offer."

"What that suppose to mean?"Alex asked.

"Not you. Her. A girl is not meant for this war and a dragon of that power is wasted with her as its rider. It's saddening."

Ooh, so his problem is that I'm a girl.

"It's okay if you don't like me not everyone has good taste", I said.

Alex snorted from behind me as I crossed my arms. Shane looked bitterly at me.

"How dare you. You, young lady need to learn some respect."

"Wow... you sound like my father, but more bitter."

"I'm not bitter," He said bitterly with a bitter face.

"Whatever. I have better things to do than this."

I walked off with Alex and are dragons behind me. Athena was sitting proudly on my shoulder why Alex and his dragon, Blue, were trying but failing not to laugh.

"You are something else", He said to me.

"And don't you forget it."

As we entered the main section of the library the smell of books hung in the air. I loved that smell. Alex and I split up and search the library for any books that could be useful to us. There were so many books, but none on the armies of darkness. There was a lot on this guy named Zeref.

" I got one", Alex said from across the library with an old leatherback book in hand.

He sat the book on the table and open it up. Pictures of different monsters. Each more deadly than the last.

There shape and size both varied, some looked like aminals such as wolves, snake, and spiders. Oh god, I hate spiders. I have severe Arachnophobia.

Others were humanoid but equally scary. There were a few where I couldn't tell what they were. I then started to read out loud.

 I then started to read out loud