The End: I Didn't Cross The Line, I Usain Bolted Past It.

Twitter: @BlairHoldenx

Instagram: @jessgirl93

The End: I Didn't Cross The Line, I Usain Bolted Past It.

 I've never been a big believer of fate, it's always more practical to believe that you carve your own way in life than to think that some cosmic mojo is responsible for you failing that calculus test. That said, sometimes it's pretty apparent that some things are out of your control and that that do or die attitude fails to combat said cosmic mojo.

 Take for example the fact that only a couple of days after my dad gave Cole and I his 'distance is good for the soul' speech we got the call. The call came while were on the road, going to Charleston and also at a time when i'd become more addicted to Cole than ever before. I know right? That sounds impossible but if you factor in the life altering occurrence of making love to Cole Stone you'll understand. That day changed everything about our relationship, if possible it's definitely become more intense. All that unresolved tension that used to surround is gone and in it's place is this spectacular pull that ensures that we cant keep our hands off each other. 

On the flip side, Cole's caveman tendencies have increased and if were up to him I'd dress like Maria from The Sound of Music before the Von Trapps. But I find the possessiveness incredibly sexy and give it back in spades. I'm definitely even more aware of all the female attention he gets and lord save the bimbo who tries to make a move, things tend to get a little ugly. 

But then there's The Call. We were just checking into the motel when Cole received and given how his face drained of all colour when he answered I knew that something was very wrong. It took me some time to get it out of him as he made hasty arrangements to go back home. With a trembling voice he told me that Nana Stone was sick and in the hospital. Sheriff Stone had called and asked Cole to come home straight away. My heart sank and I had immediately offered to go with him but he refused. Alex left with him and Cole made me promise him that I wouldn't come back immediately and that I would enjoy the trip as planned with my girlfriends. It was a difficult decision but the look in his eyes, the blazing determination made me agree. So fate intervened and we went our separate way, at least for a couple of weeks. 

Which brings us back to now, Megan, Beth and I did everything on our list and more. We drank, we danced, we shopped but most of all we grew closer as friends. Of course I was constantly in touch with Cole and was immensely relieved to know that Nana Stone was doing well after a heart attack scare and recuperating. We missed each other but my dad was onto something with the distance thing, it does make me feel like that we're stronger now than ever before because we've done what my parents didn't think we could do. We stood the test of time and showed them that the connection we had wasn't purely physical. I guess that's something that's a bit difficult for them to absorb. The extent of their relationships post the divorce have been meaningless flings, especially in my mom's case. My dad on the other hand seems to genuinely be developing feelings for his secretary, now his girlfriend as cliche as that is. 

Speaking of my parents, ever since the events that transpired in New York that lead to Dickhead Drew being hospitalised for nearly three weeks, things have been a bit chilly between us. I haven't talked to my mom at all. I would have tried had her efforts to make amends not involve blaming Cole for 'brainwashing me'. She needs to learn to accept him before she can even think about being a part of my life again.

Harsh, I know but she deserves it. 

My dad on the other end tries his best to not act smug, like it's his brilliant speech that made Cole and I take the decision to spend some time apart. The events leading to our separation were unforeseen but he sees as some kind of a divine intervention, fate you sneaky bitch as I like to refer to it. Anyhow when I would talk to him on the phone after Cole left, he'd sound ridiculously happy about it and would even offer to upgrade us to the best hotels in town. My patience has been wearing thin with him as well. I just don't know how to deal with the fact that my parents seem to question my relationship so much, a relationship that makes me happier than I've ever been.