12 | To Forgive Or Not, That Is The Question

Rolling In The Deep - Adele

12 | To Forgive Or Not, That Is The Question

***

"Because I'm finding Ava, I'm finding you," He truthfully answers, his brown orbs staring into my blue orbs.

"Y—You can't just say stuff like that Max. It's not fair to me, you're making me feel confused." I tell him whilst trying to comprehend what he said. Doesn't he understand that the old me is gone? I disappeared the second he broke my heart.

Max releases a frustrated sigh and tugs his hand through his brown hair, "I know but I wanted to be truthful. I want you back Ava."

I didn't reply to his comment.

Shortly after that, Max left, promising he would fix me. I don't know how long I stayed in the janitors closet thinking but when the janitor angrily came in and shouted at me for being here, I scrambled out. I guess he didn't appreciate me being in his 'private' space.

I check the time and nearly face plant the floor. I missed the first period! Max, you asshole! My biology teacher isn't somebody you mess with if yesterday was anything to go by. She is actually going to strangle me or chain me to the table and make me do everything I missed.

The second period has already begun so I decide to skip it and go off to the library. I could do with some study time.

I hum as I head over to the library at the end of the building and sneak in. There are a few other students here revising, some of them look up and some ignore me. I shrug and sit down at an empty table far away from everyone else.

And with that, I start revising.

A text message knocks me out of my dedicated study time. I fish out my phone and unlock it.

From: Molly

To: Ava

Where are you? Been looking 4 you. Meet me in Maths period 3.

Crap! I have two minutes until Maths starts. I groan, annoyed with myself for not setting a timer. If I had, I wouldn't be rushing right now.

With my speedy typing skills, I send a reply to Molly telling her I will be there as soon as possible.

I sprint through the hallways, grunting every time I bashed into somebody. Some would protest and others would just give me annoyed looks. Teenagers.

Eventually, I see Molly leaning against the door outside of the classroom. Her hands are crossed over her chest as she stares at me.

"Hello," I greet with a smile, my face no doubt flushed from running.

Molly raises an eyebrow, "what happened to you? And why weren't you in biology earlier? Were you with Max?"

Damn, straight to the point.