3.7

It hurts. Ugh.

Lin Xi opened his eyes and saw Dr. Fu's worried eyes.

"You're awake! How are you feeling?" Dr. Fu asked worriedly.

"Where's Wang Lei?" He looked around, but he was nowhere in sight.

"It was getting dark and both of you didn't come back, so I went searching, but only found you bloody and unconscious."

"Wang Lei..." Thinking of the panther who was already injured trying to protect him, Lin Xi got teary.

System 1314: Host, are you worried about Wang Lei?

Lin Xi: I raised him and feed him for 8 years! He's practically mine! I don't care about him. I just need him to defeat the protagonist. And where were you when I was bitten by the bat?!?!

System 1314: Host.... I only have the power to track and monitor...."

Before Lin Xi exploded, he remembered that the system could just find Wang Lei's location.

Lin Xi: System! Find Wang Lei's location!

The system reported back that Wang Lei was still in the forest. Just as Lin Xi was about to get up, a sudden pain in his arm broke out.

"AH!" He yelped and held his arm.

"Where do you think you're going? Your arm is still recovering. You aren't allowed to move for at least a week!" Dr. Fu stated.

"A week?!?! But Wang Lei!" Lin Xi protested.

"Don't worry. The village already sent out some men to find him including Feng Zhou - he's powerful enough."

Lin Xi couldn't trust the protagonist to find him but had no choice but to wait for his arm to heal.

—————

A week later, Lin Xi finally got better that the doctor allowed him to get out of bed. As soon as he got the doctor's permission, he dashed into the forest following the system's direction.

System 1314: He's straight ahead.

Lin Xi saw a wooden house and was about to enter when the door opened and Wang Lei walked out.

Lin Xi was so happy that he ran to hug him but unexpectedly he was pushed away.

"Who are you?" Wang Lei asked with a hostile look in his eyes.

"Wang Lei?" Lin Xi was confused.

Seeing the boy staring at him with tear-filled eyes, Wang Lei wanted to embrace him and comfort him, but he couldn't remember who this person was.

"I'm sorry, but I lost my memories. Who are you?" Wang Lei looked at him with no recognition.

When did you become so articulate?

Before Lin Xi could say anything, a woman's voice sounded from the wooden house.

"Wang Lei? What's wrong? Who's outside?"

Wang Lei didn't know why, but he immediately wanted to defend himself in front of this youth. The woman came out and held Wang Lei's arm intimately.

"Who are you?" This time, Lin Xi questioned the woman.

"My name is Zhang Min and you are...?"

"I am Li Yang. Wang Lei's childhood friend. Now that it's established, Wang Lei come back with me." Lin Xi tried to pull him back to the village, but he didn't budge.

Zhang Min also held onto Wang Lei and said, "Wait, Wang Lei lost his memories. We don't even know you. How do we know that you're not lying?"

Lin Xi stared at Wang Lei and saw that he was silent.

Now you're not talking!

"Wang Lei lives in the village outside the forest. Let's go."

Wang Lei wanted to follow the boy, but Zhang Min held him tightly.

"I can't trust you," She bluntly stated.

Lin Xi felt his temper ready to explode, but he kept a calm face on.

"Wang Lei has a birthmark on his right butt cheek."

Wang Lei blushed and Zhang Min was shocked, "How did you know?"

I raised him! I've seen every nook and cranny of his body! I know every scar and mark on his body!

On the side, the system was wondering, "Is that something the host should be proud of?"

—————

Lin Xi dragged Wang Lei back and Zhang Min followed them. Apparently, she found him on the bottom of the mountain and treated to all his wounds. When Wang Lei woke up, he couldn't remember anything other than his name. He was grateful that Zhang Min saved him and treated her like his future wife which is why she was so intimate with him.

When Lin Xi heard, he was angry because he worked so hard to get his body stronger and he used that body to seduce some woman in the forest!

Once you defeat Feng Zhou, I'm going to leave this place and find my lover! Wang Lei can just starve to death for all I care.

Lin Xi thought that since he took care of Wang Lei like a mother, he wouldn't be able to survive without him.

With that thought, he entered Wang Lei's room with a bowl of medicine since his wounds didn't completely heal from the fight in the forest, but he didn't expect Wang Lei to refuse. Since he lost his memories, he refused to drink such bitter medicine.

"Wang Lei, open your mouth." Lin Xi tried to coax him with a spoon in his hand.

However, his mouth was shut tight.

Lin Xi was getting annoyed.

If his lover was here, he would be the one being fed and pampered, not the other way around!

Wang Lei saw that Lin Xi was thinking about someone else and his eyes narrowed in anger.

Zhang Min saw this and took the medicine from Lin Xi's hand and said that she would do it.

Lin Xi's veins on his face was bulging.

I raised you for 8 years! If you dare open your mouth for her, I'm going to snap your head off!

Whether Wang Lei heard his thought or just didn't want to drink the medicine, he refused to open his mouth.

Seeing that Zhang Min wasn't able to do anything, Lin Xi decided to do it his own way. He pressed Wang Lei's pressure points and he fell motionless in his hands. Then he pried open his mouth and gracelessly dumped the entire bowl into his mouth.

"Now if you weren't so stubborn, I wouldn't have to do this the hard way." Lin Xi smiled sweetly at his angry eyes.

Zhang Min was shocked at his ruthless method, "You didn't have to be so rough."

Lin Xi was irritated that the woman kept trying to interfere.