Chapter Fifty Two

Ahmad had never envisioned a day when he would let go of all his weapons meant for getting back his wife even after he visited her and she showed him how firm her decision was, but when Ma'aruf came to his office and advised him after his visit to Safaa's house, he decided to endure everything with patience.

"So you mean I should let her leave, just like that?" Ahmad whisper-yelled after his bestfriend finished telling him what he was supposed to do.

" Yes Ahmad, she needs some peaceful air, No offence dude but your house suffocated the poor lady, just let her go where she wants to, I don't mean you should divorce her, tell her you'd do that after she's put to bed, who knows by then maybe she would change her mind and decide to come back to you?" Ma'aruf explained carefully.

"Ya Allah, I just..."

"Yes you just have to let her be, for awhile" Ma'aruf urged.

"Alright fine, I would sent her a msg " He said defeatedly.

And so with a heavy heart, he sent her a msg, telling her she was allowed to travel and that he would grant her what she wanted when she's put to bed.

" Where are you heading now?" Ma'aruf asked.

" Home, to my nagging wife" Ahmad hissed.

" Dude give her a break, she's pregnant" Ma'aruf chuckled.

" Yeah shall we? Am sure she kept lunch for me"

" Alright let's go taste amarya's food" Ma'aruf grinned.

When they parked at his house, Ahmad internally cringed seeing his mother's car parked too, his relationship with his mother had not been actually good since the last family meeting and he had been avoiding her entirely.

" Are we not going in?" Ma'aruf asked seeing Ahmad's hesistance.

" How I wish we're going to that side" Ahmad said pointing at the apartment next to Zarah's.

" Sabr dude, she'd be back soon in shaa Allah"

" I pray so" He said walking to Zarah's apartment.

They found the living room empty and Ahmad went in search of Zarah around the house, telling Ma'aruf to make himself comfortable before he comes back, he found her with his mother at the kitchen laughing like they had no care in the world, he wanted to hurt them so bad, he wanted to make them feel the heartache he was feeling but then he remembered that one should always wish for others what he wish for himself so he managed a smile and greeted his mother.

" So it's now you've decided to come back for lunch " Hajiya Turai scolded him.

" I was busy at the office" He answered her.

" Zarah am here with Ma'aruf, can you serve us lunch? Am famished"

Zarah wanted to vent all her anger and frustration on him, she wanted to deprive him of lunch that day but seeing his mother, she changed her mind and acted like an obedient wife instead.

" I'll get your food in some minutes" She smiled getting some cutleries out of the kitchen cabinet.

" Thank..." Ahmad was not able to finish appreciating her when his phone began ringing.

" Hello, I can't hear you ? My wife? Hello?" Ahmad kept asking because he couldn't hear the caller properly.

" Who is it?" Hajiya Turai asked.

" I don't know Mama, It's an unknown number"

Zarah instantly panicked when Ahmad said he doesn't know the caller. How could that stupid person get a hold of her husband's number?