37. Surrounded by Enemies

"Okay, can anyone of you get Peter off of me?Because he's getting heavy as fuck and I can't breathe." Aurora tries to push the body of Peter Quill (who dragged her down to the floor with him when he passed out) off of her. Gamora is the first one to help, followed by Drax and the two pull Peter away. Meanwhile Loki offers her his hand to get up again, Aurora regulates her breath. "Thanks."

"Wake up, Quill." Drax slaps the Celestial awake and Peter gasps, his eyes fluttering in disorientation. A few fleeting seconds pass before he remembers what happened and his eyes land on Aurora, the other child of Ego.

"You're my half sister?!"

"Brother!" She shouts with an exaggerated enthusiasm, mostly just to tease him and she smirks playfully. This only reminds Loki all too well of his relationship with his own brother and sometimes, just sometimes, he appreciates Thor's annoying goofiness.

The ship starts to tremble and the whole team looks out of the window. Tentacle-like strands burst through the palace flooring, Ego's light attempting to capture them. The simple teasing drops within a second and Aurora's fear returns, her stomach twisting at the thought of a reunion with her biological father.

"How do we kill a Celestial?" Drax asks as this reminds Aurora that she hasn't asked for his name, nor for Gamora's or Nebula's.

"There's the center to him- his brain, his soul, whatever it is, in some sort of shell— "

"He doesn't have a soul. He killed my mother." Aurora corrects Peter who stares in mild shock at her. Carefully, she asks about his family with an awful assumption. "And you? Did he kill your mother as well?"

Peter's confirming and painful nod makes Aurora's heart ache, too many had died for Ego's ridiculous purpose. Yet, she can't feel enough hatred towards the murder of her and Peter's mothers to make her want to kill him. Killing is not her style, it never has been. She isn't strong enough to be like that and it's also not her intention to reach this kind of strength.

"The center is in the caverns below the surface." Mantis informs them, hinting that they would need to go deeper into Ego's planet to hit his weak point. As Peter climbs up the ladder to the cockpit, Aurora glances at Gamora, Nebula and Drax.

"I haven't asked for your names yet. It'd be good to know who's fighting with us."

"Drax."

"Gamora. This is my sister Nebula." The green woman says with a little mistrust in her voice, narrowing her eyes at Aurora. All of sudden, this foreign girl appears and claims to be Peter's half sister, even with the God of Mischief by her side. It could be a trap, but then again, she doesn't have much of a choice if she wants to defeat Ego.

"Damn cool names. Thanks for helping, you guys are doing great! I'll go up to have a little family reunion." Aurora smiles and turns to Loki, pointing her finger against his chest. "Behave."

Her tone is playful and she goes on tiptoes to plant a quick kiss on his cheek, something that he's quickly grown addicted to. If there weren't any people present, he would smile at this gesture. As Aurora climbs up the ladder to follow Peter, Loki glances at Gamora, sensing her discomfort. "You don't trust her."

"I don't trust a lot of people." She responds and the tentacles crash the ship against the ground before it can escape, all of them have to hold onto something to remain balance. "But since you do, she may not be all too bad."

"Shit!" Aurora's shout reaches them as the auburn-haired girl has accidentally slapped Peter's face while keeping her balance. Yondu just laughs at Peter's pained expression. "I'm sorry, didn't intend to meet my half-brother like that!"