Chapter 13

Jack's P.O.V

"My parents got divorced when we were little and we live with our mom and my dad moved into his own house. During this time Sammy was diagnosed with some issues and my mom watched for her rarely, but once I turned sixteen I starting being the only one who cared for her. On her thirteenth birthday they signed her off to me and from that point on I have been the only one who watches her."

"Dude, are you forgetting something?" Sam looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Sorry, I take that back. Sam and I have been the only one watching after her. when I go to my dads she stays over Sam's and when I need a break she is over Sam's. She has a room, some of her clothing and a lot of her stuff at his house."

"Really? Wow, she has it rough." Matt says.

"Yeah, but on top of that she didn't know our parents signed her off till three weeks ago when we were fighting and I shouted it in front of her, Sam, and our dad. I still feel awful."

"You can't take back what was said, but you make up for it by being a great brother." Mahogany states and she's right.

"Also guys, the reason I tell her to get up early and to drink and eats is because she has to take her medicine at a set time, and her medications make her lose appetite, so I have to make sure she is eating to make sure she doesn't pass out like now." They all nod and Sam hands me the forms.

"Last note, she always needs someone watching her and they need to be strong enough to keep her from running away when she gets upset and I was wondering if a few of you could help."

"Yeah sure, who?" Was the common response.

"Nash, Matt, and Shawn"

"That's fine, we would love to help." Nash spoke for everyone and Shawn stood up and stormed out of the emergency room.

"What was that about?" Aaron chuckled.

"I'm gonna go see what the hell is wrong." I stand up and hand the lady at the desks the forms and step outside the hospital. I look to the left and I see Shawn on the ground head in his hands, and I take seat next to him.

"Dude, what's wrong?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Why would you pick me to watch her?" He looks over at me.

"Because I trust you and you seem to care about her. I can't tell."

"Well you shouldn't trust me. I told her that I would go check on her after I sang and I didn't. If I checked on her she might have been fine and not in a hospital."

"Shawn, you cannot blame yourself."

"Yeah I can I could've check on her and I should've."

"Coulda, shoulda, woulda. You cannot blame yourself like I said. She obviously likes you enough to trust you. She has trust issues and she let you near her in the first place and then I could see the way she looks at you. She never, I mean never has asked to be around people other than me and Sam."

"Really?" He questions.

"Yes really, I wouldn't lie to you. Now let's get back in there because you are gonna be stuck watching her first." I stand up and so does he. We walk back into the room and Shawn sits down and I go back to the desk.

"Ma'am sorry to bother you, but do you know when I can take my sister back home or at least see her?"

"Yeah, you can go back there now and she can go home once a nurse discharges her. She's also in room 134."

"Guys, I'm gonna go back to see her. you coming with?"

"Sure!" Everyone stands up and I walk to her room. She's awake watching toddlers in tiaras and I laugh the minute I walk in.

"Hey Bug, turn this stuff off." Sam takes a seat in the chair and smile at Sammy.

"No thank you."

"You feel ok?" I ask her.

"Yeah, just really cold."

"Well you can go back to the hotel in a few minutes so don't worry." Momentarily a nurse walked in and took the i.v out of her hand.

"You sweetie, are all set to go." The nurse walked out of the room and Sammy swung her legs off bed.

"I'm gonna get the car, guys come with me." Cameron said as he walked out of the room.

"Shawn, can you get her for me." I ask him.

"Yeah, sure." He picks her up and She rests her chin on his shoulder like she did yesterday at the airport.

"Finally away from toddlers in tiaras." Sam walks out of the room and Samantha giggles.