Chapter 3

You don't own me🌹

****

As I eat the bowl of fruit my mom put out on the counter, she speaks up.

"So, who's that guy you were speaking to?" I stop eating and look up to see her with a raised brow, waiting for my answer. I gulp down the kiwi before I speak.

"His name is Josh. He's new." I hear my mom hum before she goes back to cutting up veggies for dinner.

"Do you like him?" She asks me. Feeling my face heat up, I shake my head no quickly. Why would she think that? I barely know the dude.

"No ma!" She begins to laugh at my embarrassed self. She continues to cut.

"Ok ok, just had to ask." It becomes quiet before she speaks again. "How's Damon?"

My body freezes at his name.

"Uhhh...I don't know," I shrug my shoulders, feeling stumped by the question. "He doesn't talk to me anymore," she rolls her brown eyes.

"He needs to grow up and get out of this funk he's in. He likes you Jaz, I saw it with my own eyes." She declares, pointing the knife in the air to make her point. I just roll my eyes at her. We've talked about this already.

He doesn't like me. He made that perfectly clear. If he did, he wouldn't have ran away and turned into a class A asshole.

"No he doesn't ma. I've said this already." She rolls her eyes again, shaking her head.

"Potato potato, same thing. Just watch, one day he's gonna snap and realize he's been stupid for not being with you, and he's gonna do everything and anything to be with you."

No he wont...

"In your dreams ma." I tell her as I get up from the stool. She shakes her head again.

"Child, I've seen it with my own eye. Remember, mother knows best..."

****