Little Do You Know

Monica

Ringing and banging on the front door caused me to wake up in a hurry. I stepped out of bed and slipped my slightly swollen feet into my slippers and put my robe over my sleep clothes. I pulled my hair back into a messy bun jogging down the steps.

"I'm coming." I blew my nose into a tissue and opened the door to see Carter standing there in his freshly pressed uniform. His badge shined brightly sitting on his left shoulder. Sizing him up and down I saw Walmart bags in his hands.

"Did I wake you?"

"You think? What do you what?"

"I brought you a couple snacks."

I sighed moving to the side letting him in.

"I know you don't want to see me. I just wanted to be thoughtful."

I opened the bag seeing all of the snacks that I hated. "When have you ever seen me eat this stuff."

"Can't you just be thankful. I'm looking out for you and the baby."

I groaned. "I see you started back working." My eyes scanned his cop uniform again. He hasn't been working for a good three months due to him being on probation for abusing his authority by arresting any and everybody unnecessarily.

"Yea. I told chief I had a little one on the way and he handed me my badge back." Carter explained putting his hands on his cop belt that contained weapons.

"Well good for you." I put the snacks on the shelf in the pantry and came back out seeing he was still standing there smirking. "I would love it if you'd leave. I don't need you here."

"You sure you don't need somebody to look after." He placed his hand on my back and rubbed it in a circular motion.

I sniffed and rolled my eyes. "If I need someone you would be the last because I'd call. Have a nice day." I pushed him out the door and slammed it shut in the process. I locked the door and went over to the couch and sat down turning on the television.

I felt like I was dying mentally and physically. If this what if feels like to be pregnant these nine months are going to be long and horrible.

King

The car came to a stop as I parked it on the block I once use to sell on every night. It was a group of guys posted by the stop sign and I was gonna ask them a couple questions about this Carter fella'.

I reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a glock tucking it into my pants.

"Come on." I told Nick getting out the car.

"Man are you crazy!? Did you forget I'm suppose to be dead! I can't be seen walking these streets."

I sighed forgetting all about it. I went to the backseat and found a pair of shades and a red bandanna. Nick slid the shades over his eyes and tied the bandana around his mouth. He placed his hood over his head and got out the car following me.

"Don't forget my name is Mike." Nick whispered.

"Alright man alright."

"I'm not from around here. I'm from Louisiana and I got three dogs and-" Nick continued.

"Can you shut up for once. I'm pretty sure they not gone ask your entire life story."

He smacked his lips. "You never know."

We approached the group of boys and they instantly turned towards us defensively reaching at their belts.

"Aye now we don't want no trouble."