002 | madness lies within.

8:38PM

A STATIC HANDPRINT lead to every nerve on jimin's body being cranked into overdrive. he wore feverish blush almost as if it had been an accessory, and his eyes were pathetically stuck onto the princely memory of the jeongguk's hands holding his own in gratitude when he arrived. the brunette was in such a daze, that he hadn't heard the dinner bell chiming.

"hey lover boy, dinner's starting." yoongi said, waving his hand in front of jimin's flushed-out face. however his words fell on deaf ears, leaving him no choice but to do what he does best when the brunette gets like this.

wait till he snapped out of it.

and it seemed like that did the trick, since the sound of his calm footsteps tapping against the marble floor were soon accompanied by a sharp gasp, and jimin's own muddled steps racing towards him.

"this way young sirs, it's time for dinner." a butler addressed composedly. coming from what looked to be out of nowhere, yoongi decided to observe him, while jimin tried conversing back.

a man in what looked to be his mid 30's, had neat hair that fell delicately over his face. bearing a stony expression and eyes void of any hesitation, his attire alone suggested he may have been a butler of higher ranking compared to others—from the increased quality of his uniform, to the overall way he presented himself.

"thank you, uhm...."

"you needn't trouble yourself with remembering my name, but if it pleases you—i go by seung-gi."

"then, thank you seung-gi!" jimin beamed while yoongi nodded, satisfied.

"of course. may you both enjoy the dinner," seung-gi bowed, while the two entered the dining hall. yoongi lagged a bit behind jimin, due to him actually keeping a normal pace and not throttling off like his brunette counterpart. however, it was because of this that the ravenette was able to catch something the butler muttered under his breath.

"and enjoy your stay."

feeling a chill race up his spine, yoongi felt especially anxious at the ominous way seung-gi said the last word. "stay?" the ravenette wondered aloud, before turning back. however his question was left unanswered, as all he was able to see was the butler's back growing farther away as jimin pulled him into the hall.

9:37PM

the dinner was nothing short of perfect. yoongi never could've imagined food tasting this good—though, that's not saying alot due to his usual palette consisting of energy drinks, noodles, and cheap fast food. his plate of gourmet steak had practically been cleaned, with only a couple pieces of greens being evidence that there was ever any food there at all.

satisfied, yoongi took the time to glance over at jimin, who was in turn looking at jeongguk.

'what did i expect.' the ravenette deadpanned, raising an eyebrow. 'he's practically eating with his eyes. and cue jimin dreamily sighing.'

"yoongi, he's just so." jimin dreamily sighed, with lidded eyes and a glowing smile. rolling his own eyes, yoongi then perked up at another conversation along the dinner table.