97- Ministry Loving, Family Disowning, Power Hungry Moron

"So what are we doing Harry?" Someone asked when Harry eventually returned.

"They're evacuating the younger kids," Harry told the jam packed room, "we're fighting!" There was a loud cheer from everyone in the room, "everyone is meeting in the Great Hall to get organised!" Everyone began to rush out of the room, until only a few people remained.

Molly was arguing with Ginny, whilst Sirius had grabbed the back of Venus's coat and was stopping her from leaving. Neville was still holding onto Venus's hand and around them stood Arthur, Harry, Fred, George, Lupin, Bill and Fleur.

"You're under-age!" Molly was telling Ginny, "the boys yes, but you- you've got to go home!"

"I won't!" Protested Ginny, "I'm in Dumbledore's Army!"

"Dad, get off me!" Venus tried to shake herself free.

"I'm not letting you fight Venie." Sirius held on.

"I'm seventeen, you can't stop me!" Venus said ferociously, pulling her coat out of his grip.

"I can't go home!" Ginny was saying, "I can't sit there, not knowing-"

Ginny cut herself off when someone else scrambled through the secret passage.

"Am I too late? Has it started?" Percy demanded, "I only just found out..."

A silence settled over all of the Weasleys, which Lupin attempted to diffuse by showing Harry and Fleur a picture of baby Teddy.

"I was a fool!" Percy roared eventually, "I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a-"

"Ministry loving, family disowning, power hungry moron." Fred finished.

"Yes," said Percy, "I was all of those things."

"Well you can't say fairer than that," Fred grinned. Molly burst into tears and charged forward, pulling Percy into a tight hug.

"What made you see sense?" Venus asked.

"It's been coming on for a while now," Percy explained, "I managed to make contact with Aberforth and he tipped me off about what was happening, so here I am."

"Well, we do look to our prefects to take lead in times such as these," George teased, "now let's get upstairs and fight some Death Eaters."

They all made their way towards the door, Sirius grudgingly letting Venus go without Neville. Molly made Ginny promise to stay in the room, and Ginny didn't seem happy about it, but agreed in the end.

********

When Venus arrived in the Great Hall, it was already jam packed full of people.

But everything fell silent as a high, cold voice resonated through the halls.

"I know that you are preparing to fight. Your efforts are futile," said the voice of Voldemort, "You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight."

There was a silence, and everyone looked towards Harry.

"What are we waiting for!" A Slytherin girl yelled, "Potter is there, someone grab him!"

It happened instantly. All of the DA members hurried in front of Harry and glared at the Slytherins, then the Order of the Phoenix members, then the Gryffindors, the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs.

"Thankyou Miss Parkinson, you will leave the hall first with Mr Filtch, the rest of your house will follow-" the students who were not of age began to follow Filtch out, some having to be shooed off by McGonagall.

"It's really happening," said Mali, with a look of almost excitement on her face. "Everything comes down to this."

"It's exciting isn't it," said Luna dreamily.

"Ginny is going to be so pissed that she missed this," Venus grinned.

"I'm sure she won't stay in that room for long," Neville shrugged. McGonagall began to divide the fighters into groups.

Neville was put with Professor Sprout up one of the towers, where he would have a good overview of the fighting. Mali was to be going with Hagrid, who was planning on releasing some of his creatures into the grounds, seen as Mali had aced her Care of Magical Creatures OWL, she seemed like the right person to help him.

Sirius, Fred and George were leading a group inside the castle, manning the secret passageways.

Venus had been placed in the grounds with Remus and Arthur. Both Arthur and Remus assured Sirius that they would take good care of her and she was quick to tell them that she didn't need anyone taking care of her.

The groups began to split up and head towards their posts.

"Come on then Venus," said Lupin.

"Just a second," Venus told him, she turned to Neville and kissed him on the lips.

He opened his mouth to say something, but Venus put her finger over his lips to stop him, "no, you're not saying goodbye."

"Okay, no goodbyes then," he pulled her into another kiss. Venus gave him a reassuring smile, and dashed off after her father and Remus.

"You can still back down Venus," said Lupin as they left the Great Hall, "go back to the Room of Requirement, stay with Ginny-"

"No." Venus shook her head, "there's no way that I'm going to sit out of this. I'm fighting."

"We know you are," said Arthur, "but you can't blame us for trying."

"I guess not," Venus laughed.

The group of fighters in the grounds stood around in apprehensive silence, watching the minuets until midnight tick by on Arthur's watch.

It happened almost instantly. When the minuet hand hit midnight, spells began to fly out of the darkness beyond the grounds and hit the shield that the teachers and Order members had formed around the school.

As the spells hit the shield they sparked and exploded in mid air, forming a beautiful firework display in the sky.

Venus tightened her grip on her wand, as the last of the shield disintegrated. She glanced over her shoulder at Hogwarts, all of the lights were on in the school. Somewhere inside there was her mother, her brothers, Ginny, Neville, her father, Mali- everyone who she was fighting for. She turned back towards the sea of wand lights advancing on them.

"Let's do this."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx