Chapter 2

"Grayson, wake up we got to be ready in an hour, school starts at 8:30 but we have to go early to get our schedules." I yelled, knocking on his door.

"Okay," He yelled back.

His bedroom was opposite mine, with a bathroom between the two.

He soon came running out with his towel draped around his neck, "Morning sis." He said groggily, running into the bathroom and closing the door behind him.

Snapping out of my daydreaming state, I too ran into my room to quickly shower. Since I had already picked out my outfit the day before, I got dressed into a cream bell-sleeved top, matching it with black high-waisted jeans, even though my top was cropped, my jeans covered my abdomen not showing any skin. I wasn't the type to fuss over what I wore and how I wore it but like everyone else, I'd like to look at least decent for my first day. Brushing out my long dark hair, it cascaded down my back in soft waves, the length stopping at my waist. I had naturally full eyebrows that arched to suit my face perfectly and eyelashes girls these days paid to have, high cheekbones, full lips and warm honey colored eyes. My mum used to call me beautiful but I never really believed it since it was her job to do so.

I move the boxes filled with my trophies to the side to get my lip-gloss and shoes from my closet. My trophies were my Dads and I pride and joy, my dad was a great boxer, he's won hundreds of fights and so have I.

Checking my watch, my brother swung my bedroom door open in a panic, "Does this look okay?" He asked, pointing down at his outfit.

Tapping my index finger against my bottom lip, I examine his outfit carefully; blue denim t-shirt, brown shorts that stopped above his knees and black shoes.

"It looks bad doesn't it," He says, throwing his arms up in defeat.

"No, I like it, maybe change the shoes to the blue ones I brought you, it'll go with the denim t-shirt you have on." I said, slipping on my black vans.

My brother is handsome like our father, although he held more resemblance to our mother. I looked more like our father with dark hair and warm honey colored eyes, people always thought Grayson and I weren't related since we looked so different but if you saw us standing next to our parents you would see the resemblance. Grayson had mums blue eyes and blonde hair.

"Thanks." He says, dashing out of my room to change his shoes.

Grabbing my school bag and dropping the essentials in, pencil case, notebooks, gum, and phone before heading downstairs.

"Grayson lets go." I yell, finished packing both our lunches.

We spent our weekend unpacking and setting the house up the way we wanted it, the house was great, it has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining room, lounge, kitchen, and washroom. The walls were all white and had brown wooden flooring, it had a cozy feel to the house, which I was grateful for, it felt like a home.

"I'm ready," His deep voice called out from the entrance.

Hurrying out of the door, I quickly lock it before the both of us rush to the car, throwing our bags in the back.

The drive to school was only ten minutes, so we didn't need to fuss too much about getting there on time.

Once we arrived, the school was completely deserted, the buildings were exactly like our old-school but colored different, large regular brick buildings with blue and white flags hanging off of tall posts. Only a lone janitor was in the hall of the entrance, sweeping the floors. We made our way to the student office to collect our schedules and the office lady was nice enough to mark out our classes and lockers on each of our school maps. We started school a week later than everyone else, the entrance hall was buzzing with chatter and laughter by students standing at their lockers.