Love Unfinished

Evie stepped out of Tom's house, trying not to break down. But she couldn't help but let out a choked gasp.

Tom told her he loved her.

She was so confused, she didn't know what to do. So she did what she did best, she ran away. She got into her car, making sure that her full attention was on the road. The last thing she needed was to hurt herself physically, so she couldn't let her mind go anywhere else no matter how hard she wanted to.

She made it home safely, but her mind isn't okay. She bounded up the steps of her home, letting out a gasp of pain from her heart. Her feet hurried her to bedroom door that was closed before she let any tears out.

Her heart ached, and she's never been so heart broken in her life. As she hit her body against her door, she broke down. Sobs racked her body as she gripped the carpet floor. She couldn't breathe. Hot tears flowed from her face to her neck. It was her second time crying today.

How pathetic. She thought.

Her eyes were shut closed but her they were still leaking. Her chest heaved up and down as she begged for her heart to stop feeling so broken. She tried to stand up, but the emotion was just too much so she had to literally crawl to her bed she cried and screamed.

She clutched one of the pillows, all air from her body gone before she let in a shaky inhale.

__________

Tom couldn't believe it, he had finally confessed his love to his best friend he's been with holding for several years. But she wouldn't accept it, she didn't understand.

He felt nothing, he was numb. How could she do this to him? Although he had done shit like this to her unknowingly. He sat petting Tessa as thoughts swam through his head, like where he went wrong, or what he could've done different.

But then it started to rain.

It just added the affect but it made Tom angry, because it made him sad. He never liked to be sad, he always loved to be positive, but this time. He felt no hope. Everything he thought wouldn't happen, happened.

So what now?

The two had to remain friends, but they were both so emotionally hurt. They would need time to heal, before confronting each other. Tom would probably throw himself back into work, to busy himself to think of anything else but Evie, and she would do the exact same thing with school and her new job that will be starting once 2018 came which is only in a month.

Tessa put her head on her owners lap, feeling his sad aura around her. She looked at him and bounded off of the sofa, searching for something to make him happier. She was a dog, that was her purpose. To make her Tom happy when he had no one else.

Tom sighed, feeling the absence of his sweet girl and watched her walk off. His head hit the back of the sofa as he folded his hands on his stomach listening to the soft rain and closed his eyes. He almost felt like crying. He could get any girl he wants, in the snap of his fingers but Evie was different. Everything was different with her.

He knew his phone was buzzing with texts from Harry and Haz as usual but he felt no energy to get it. It's like he's going through a break up with Evie, although there technically was nothing there to begin with, but that's a lie.

He couldn't imagine what Gianna was going through, she was a person that came and went in his life. He was the temporary happiness inside of him of a significant other.

Both Evie and Tom knew to never depend on someone else for happiness, but they wanted someone to love, someone who truly knew them. That's why they were perfect for each other, but their tempers were the exact same.

Tom looked up at the ceiling before he felt something warm on his leg. His head fell forward and Tessa's plushy was in his lap now with Tessa's big eyes looking for Tom's approval. A small smile reached Tom's lips as he held the semi-wet toy in his hands and a small giggle escaped.

"Aw thanks tessy-" She ran away from him and he watched her. She disappeared down the hallway, before she came back with a treat in her mouth. Tom felt warmth in his heart that Tessa caused and he praised her. He patted the empty space by him and she jumped next to him and he showered her in kisses. Knowing that she was giving him everything that made her happy made his heart melt.

"Aww Tess, I love you so much." He cooed to her, rubbing the back of her ears and she kind of gave him a signature dog smile.

__________

Her foot tapped anxiously against the hard wood as she scrolled through her computer on her bed. It was two in the morning, and she wasn't able to sleep. The rain was still pouring and she's been watching sad movies on Netflix for the past hours.

She couldn't bear this anymore, it hurt too much. She shut her laptop off and tied her hair up in a bun taking a deep breath before scooting her chair out, and went to find her shoes.

______

Tom threw his shut off phone on the bed, careful to not hit Tess. He had just showered in hopes that he would feel better, but no matter what you do to the outside it would still hurt within. He grabbed the duvet ripping it from the bed halfway.

He sat down, on his bed. He didn't know if he had things to do tomorrow, and he honestly didn't care. He hated that this was his state of mind right now.

His body hit his bed and his tense muscles relaxed and he readjusted his pillows and set his phone to the side. Many hours ago Evie was asleep in the bed and he could smell her. Becoming sad again, he sat up and gripped the duvet bringing the other side closer to him. He inhaled her scent, missing every part of her.

Tom gave up on trying to hold the duvet as he knew it wouldn't actually bring her back, so he fell back on his back and stared at the ceiling after shutting off the lamp on the side.

He laid in the dark for quite sometime and the rain was so therapeutic, and it made him drift off into unconsciousness.

He was jolted awake to his doorbell ringing, and hard knocks after that.

Who the hell would be knocking at this time.

He grumbled and closed his eyes again, hoping whoever it was would just stop and go away. But the person continued to ring the doorbell insistently and bang on the door. He thought it was Haz and Harry, and Tom hasn't been answering his phone for about 7 hours, so he got up.

The doorbell ringing kept on bugging him and he walked a little faster.

Evie stood outside the rain pouring down on her and she kept on ringing the doorbell and knocking as hard as she could on the door.

She was starting to regret her actions the longer he took. The worst things came to mind. Maybe he had a girl over. Maybe he was lying. Maybe he really didn't want her.

The door swung open to the other lover.

He stared at her, and her dripping hair as the rain hit her.

"I love you too." She confessed with emotion in her voice before stepping into the house and grabbing Tom's face and colliding their lips.