Chapter-16

Black. Black everywhere. That's all I saw. I could hear Blake calling my name frantically. I felt numb, unable to do anything or move. Memories from the past rushed back. I slowly opened my eyes to see Blake holding me tightly in his arms. The rest of the boys were beating the life out of some people.

The girls were surrounding me, their worried expressions mirroring Blake's concern.

"Cupcake, are you alright?" Blake asked, concern evident in his voice.

I couldn't process anything. All I remembered was being pushed against the wall, and after that, everything went black. I couldn't recall anything.

"I-I wanna get out of here," that's all I managed to say.

Blake scooped me up in his arms and carried me to his car. The others stayed back, attending to something. Blake placed his hand over mine, tracing soothing circles, which calmed me a little.

No one dared to speak, but the silence was not awkward. I respected that he didn't want to push, and in that quiet car ride, his comforting touch spoke volumes.

"What happened back there?" I managed to ask. My voice came out muffled, and I wasn't sure if he heard it.

"After I left you, I came back again to see that you were gone. I searched for you but couldn't find you. At last, I found you near the restroom, and that asshole was harassing you. You were lying there like you were dead. I beat the shit out of him. His men came, and they started attacking. Thank God the boys came to the rescue," he explained, gripping the steering wheel so tightly that his fingers turned white. Anger was evident in his expression, and I could see it in his eyes.

We soon reached my house. He carried me bridal style up to my room and gently placed me in bed, taking off my heels. He kissed my forehead, his lips lingering for a few seconds.

"Sleep, baby girl. I won't let anything happen to you," he said with utmost sincerity.

But I couldn't sleep. The memories from the past were haunting me. I couldn't feel any pain; I felt numb. Tears rolled down my face. It was time to let it all out.

"I had a sister," I croaked out.

"No, cupcake. You don't have to do this," Blake tried to stop me.

"No, it's about time. I-I had a sister, Nancy. She was the light of our house. Fun, loving, outgoing, while I was always a little reserved. She was the prankster of our house. Mom and Dad used to be with us always despite workload. But everything changed. One day, I decided to loosen up a bit after her complaining about me being a nerd, so I dragged Nancy with me to a party. We had a lot of fun. Someone crashed the party. Suddenly I was being pushed against a wall. A man tried to rape me. Nancy and I beat him and managed to escape. But his men followed us. They were all bulky and had guns. One of his men shot at me, but Nancy pushed me aside, and she was shot," now tears were streaming non-stop.

"It's okay, baby girl," Blake hugged me.

"Soon, she was rushed to a hospital but she—she couldn't make it. Later, we found out that Dad's rival was the one who did it. He wanted to take revenge, so he did this. Everyone was shattered after Nancy's death. Our family was not the same after that. Mom and Dad immersed themselves in work to forget about it. But I couldn't do anything. Dad blamed me. If I hadn't taken her to the party, she would have been alive. It's all my fault that she is gone. I'm a murderer, I killed my sister." I cried in Blake's arms. I skipped the parts where I used to have nightmares every day about it. My past was haunting me alive. Every nightmare was worse than the previous ones.

"Shhh, nothing is your fault. Don't you dare say that again. You're my beautiful sunshine, angel. Please don't blame yourself. Now, go to sleep." Blake kissed my forehead.

He gently placed me in the bed and stood up to leave.

"Stay, please," I asked him.

He soon joined me in the bed, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me tight. In some way, I felt safe around him. I believed that he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me.

Blake was the bad boy, but no one knew how much of a good boy he was except me. His tough exterior was a facade for his status at school. He might be a bad boy, but he had changed for the better now.

I had a different feeling about Blake. I realised that it was love. I was in love. After all, he is THE BAD BOY I LOVE.

—————————————————-
A/n

I apologize for the super duper late update. I was caught up.

If you like this story please click the star below.

And don't forget to share and comment.

-Love J