0

~

"i don't get it." 

yuta sighs as saori questions him for the nth time. "what? what is it that you don't get?" despite its redundancy, he still humors the girl with her ever so growing questions in life.

"how everyone's fawning over him." saori observes their school heartthrob from her cafeteria table. she's resting her cheek on her palm, and if it were any other person looking at her aside from yuta, they'd think she has the hots for lee taeyong. a.k.a. mr. perfect. a.k.a. mr. out of this world, surreal visuals. "i mean he's ok i guess, but is he even worth the hype?"

yuta glances at the direction of where taeyong and his friends were hanging around. as usual, taeyong was seated with his group of cool friends, namely johnny, jaehyun and ten. they were the school's "reigning" kings, and current top-charters of the high school hierarchy in seoul arts academy, after inheriting it from the previous title-holder, chanyeol, sehun, and kai, their respected seniors.

yuta doesn't get the need of a stupid hierarchy in high school. it hell didn't work back in the feudal age. it was the age of slaves! why would they want to adapt a stupid system like that in a modern age? ridiculous.

"stop staring that's exactly what those buffoons want. your attention," yuta instructs her, going back to reading his book about old shoguns during the edo age.

saori hums non-committedly but continues scrutinizing lee taeyong's features. he had a sharp jaw, and very distinct cheekbones. his nose was nice and narrow and his eyes looked like it was drawn by saori's favorite manga artist. that guy was straight out of a final fantasy game, what the actual fuck.

"saori," yuta says in a scolding tone again. "i'm not gonna cover your ass if he catches you staring. again."

"yeah it's not like he'll come over. all he does is stare back." 

"okay i don't know if that's romantic or creepy. i'm leaning on the latter." 

"shut up, you wish you have our connection." saori doesn't really like taeyong. what she likes is teasing yuta. it's the best thing in the world.

yuta opts to ignore her and solely focus on reading about nobunaga and his traitors. something he can totally relate to, with saori as his best friend, the snake.

saori giggles at the grumpy japanese, proceeding to pinch his cheeks before standing up to throw her trash. she may have to walk pass taeyong's table and risk the chance of getting caught of staring at his face again, but that didn't happen when she felt another body collide with her. 

she wasn't able to throw her sandwich's wrapper, instead, it was her body thrown on the floor. 

next thing she knew, she was staring up the ceiling with four heads (ha foreheads) peering down at her. 

"saori! saori, are you all right?" she can hear yuta's voice call for her as the boy's face come into view.

"no," she moans in pain. "i'm saori." 

"for fuck's-" yuta grunts, head turning to yell at the people gossiping, demanding to piss off. "can you get up?"

saori struggles to stand on her feet but she succeeds with the help of yuta. "i'm fine. i just fell," she reassures the worrywart.

"you didn't fall. this idiot knocked you over." yuta jabs his thumb at the direction of non-other than johnny suh himself, smiling sheepishly at his victim.

"sorry about that," he apologizes flusteredly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"oh, thanks. that totally doesn't make my body feel sore at all." saori snips out as a habit. sarcasm is her number one defense mechanism.

"oh-um-how can i make it up to you?"

"maybe don't knock into me next time, yeah? that'd be great, thanks." 

saori takes her arm back from yuta, who's been holding her up the whole time. "thanks yutes." she tells him sincerely, heading to the trash bin to throw her trash. 

yuta just watches as saori makes her exit, the rest of the "cool" squad gawking at her sharp tongue and rude behavior towards their mood maker, johnny. 

"sorry about that. she has a knack for... snarking." yuta apologizes on her behalf, trying to salvage the not so mysterious image saori always had in school.

they were exchange students from japan, and because of language barrier, they had a hard time communicating with the local students. yuta was slowly getting the hang of it but saori liked skipping her korean classes so she always didn't know what the fuck's going on around her.

yuta gives them a bow and runs after saori who was heading up in the rooftop again. "hey, yo, sao," he calls, catching up to her. "what was that all about?"

"nothing. i panicked. i didn't know johnny was so hot up close what the fuck. why isn't the school hyping him up." saori rambles, her face now evident of how red it is. 

yuta's eyes enlarge at the sight. he did not expect this turn. is the moon blue or is saori crushing on someone? 

what the fuck.

~