You argue~Lloyd

"Lloyd, what are you doing here?"

When you had seen that familiar head of golden hair through the peephole, you were more than surprised but you had managed to mask it before you opened the door.

Your ex-boyfriend stood sheepishly at your door, offering a small smile which you didn't return, "May I come in?"

"No, you may not. What are you doing here?" You weren't going to take any monkey business from him, he should either stop beating around the bush or not be surprised when you slam the door in his face.

When it became clear that you didn't have the patience to deal with him, he spoke what was on his mind, "Why did you lie?"

Your brows went towards your hairline and you stared  at his straight face, trying to figure out whether he was just trying to buy some time.  Your head tilted sightly as you tried deducing his expression.

You sighed when you couldn't recognize any of his emotions, "What are you talking about, Lloyd?"

"You know very well what I mean. Why did you lie to the reporters? I broke up with you, it wasn't mutual. So, why did you lie then?"

You stuffed your clenched fists deep in the pockets of your jacket, "Of course it wasn't mutual! I didn't want to break up! What did you want me to tell them?! That I was attacked by an enemy of yours, put in a hospital bed and then you texted me out of the blue saying that you were breaking up with me?! Is that what I should have said?!"

"Yes! You should have said that! You shouldn't have lied!!"

Your eyes widened in disbelief, "Are you joking? How dare you come here and ask me to do anything?! We're no longer together, I can lie if I want to!!" You were to upset and annoyed to realize that you were spewing nonsense, but Lloyd scoffing in your face had you even angrier.

"Why didn't you just tell them what really happened?!"

"Because I don't know what happened!"

Lloyd froze.

"I don't know what happened, Lloyd. Did you expect me to read between the lines? I didn't, or rather I couldn't. We were doing great, I thought we were, and one day I'm attacked and hospitalized and you break up with me over text. Listen to that Lloyd, doesn't it sound like downright nonsense that reporters will feed on for eternity?

"When we broke up, it meant that our lives would be separate, then why are reporters chasing me? Why am I on every gossip blog? Why am I being treated like a celebrity if we're not associated with each other? It'll never end Lloyd, not unless we cover it up. 

"So, from now on, it was mutual, we realized we didn't fit and our break up was as dry as a cracker. Don't come here again."

With those words, you entered your apartment, closing the door, rather than slamming it.

Lloyd sighed at the closed door, he couldn't even get a word in.

"You were right about it being mutual, (Y/N)," He looked at your door with a longing, "Neither of us wanted to break up."

"I'm sorry."