Homecoming

What would have taken them 3 weeks traveling over the seas, only took a week.  The days were sunny with a nice breeze blowing.  The waves pushed the ship from behind and everything seemed to be going well.  No one questioned their good luck, nor did they speak on it and jinx themselves.

When they landed.  There were several Wei guards waiting for them.  Ju Long looked at Sya with a worried look before his cheshire smile broke through.  

Ju Long led the group of people off the docks to the side where the Wei guards were standing.  The area around them, that should have been bustling with activity was unusually quiet and bare.  

“Young Master!”  The guard with the highest rank said as he bowed.  The rest of the guards followed afterwards.  “It is good to see you back safely with our Duchess!”  

“Em.”  Ju Long said as his gaze ran over the guards.  He could not recognize any of them, but didn’t alert Sya to his findings.  “Rise.  What brings you here waiting for this Duke?”   

The guard rose up and stared directly at Ju Long.  

“I have been tasked to give you this decree by the new Minister of Justice.”  The guard said as he handed over the decree.  

Ju Long looked at the rolled up decree in it’s fancy silk backing, however he did not touch it.  

“Open it.”  Ju Long ordered the guard.  

The guard hesitates before he quickly opens the decree, before trying to throw the decree at Ju Long and Sya.  Sya quickly covers Ju Long’s nose and mouth and leaps back 10 feet as a yellow powdery substance flies up, into the air.  Sya’s quick movement saved not only her and Ju Long, but the rest of their people as well.  When Sya moved, it was as if their bodies reacted to her and moved by instinct as well.  

The guard begins to cough and covers his mouth.  The other guards begins to cough as well.  Soon, the poison agent reacts quickly and from their eyes, nose, mouth and ears, blood starts to seep out of them.  

“Help.”  The guard said as he holds onto his throat as if his windpipe were closing.  

Everyone stared down at the dead guards and did not help them in any way.  Those that have come to kill others deserve no mercy.  

Without a word they all fly up and head towards the House of Wei.  Something must have happened to have men, foolish enough or brave enough to impersonate a Wei guard.  

------

When they arrived back to Vulean City, it was deep into the night and the city watch were the only people awake.  With Sya’s new powers, she casted clouds to drift as they flew over the clouds as a cover.  When the clouds were on top of Wei Clan estates, they all dropped down to Hideo’s courtyard.  

When they landed, none of Hideo’s secret guards came out to protect the Master of Wei.  Everyone stared at each other for the strangeness of the situation and with Ju Long leading the way, they entered Hideo’s home.  

One by one they enter his home.  Their steps light and quiet.  Ju Long made his way towards Hideo’s room where Steward Bo was the only person standing guard.  Steward Bo jumped back in surprise and fear.  From the shadows came several shadows.  He couldn’t see who it was nor could he feel how powerful they were.  

“This is it.”  Steward Bo thought as he readied himself to fight.  “This is our last stand against those backstabbers!”  

But to his surprise, it was not assassins as Steward Bo thought.  But it was the rightful Young Master of Wei. Duke Ju Long!