Midnight Hours*

(T.M.R. December 19th, 1943)

     I could barely hear the clock strike midnight as I glared at the girl before me. I don't think I've ever seen Vienna Marcus this angry before, it slightly unnerved me, but I paid no mind to her anger and was strictly focused on my own. I had barely spoken to the girl in over a month, it had seemed like a lot longer actually, and I was confused by her sudden liking to Malfoy. "What do you think you're doing?" She asks me, her voice was full of venom and her eyes had turned to slits with her glare. "I could ask you the same thing." I respond, meeting her deathly stare with my own. "Leave Abraxas alone." She states, trying to make herself appear bigger than what she was. I let a sinister smirk fall across my face at her words. "Or what love?" I ask her, taking a few steady steps towards her. "What are you going to do if I don't?" I had come to a complete stop in front of her, my tall frame towered over her, but she didn't once flinch. Her lips part slightly as she looks up at me, distracting me for a moment as she regards me. "Why do you hate me?" She asks quietly. 

    The question shocks me, the anger I had felt just a few moments prior seemed to evaporate into thin air as I looked down into her violet eyes. "What?" I ask, letting the confusion lace my voice. "Why do you hate me Tom?" She repeats herself, her eyes growing curious and her body slagging. "I don't." I tell her, letting the truth escape my mouth before I can stop it. "You don't?" She tilts her head to the side, eyeing me up and down and shaking her head slightly. "I don't." I say again. Vienna's eyes close for a moment, and she tiredly runs a hand through her hair. I watch her closely, trying and failing to figure out what she's thinking. "Then, explain to me why you're so upset about me being friends with Abraxas?" Her gaze meets mine and with the mention of Malfoy my anger stirs once again. My brain begins to come up with a plausible answer to her question, but it comes up empty. Why was I upset? "I don't like it." I finally respond and watch as her eyebrows practically disappear into her hair. "You don't like it?" She asks me slowly, talking to me as if I was a child which only adds to my anger. "No. I don't." 

     Vienna rolls her eyes at my feeble excuse and huffs loudly. "That is ridiculous." She lets our a heavy sigh at my reasoning. "You don't know Malfoy like I do. He's going to want...more." I say, disgust filling my features. "And?" She questions the prospect and I'm suddenly grabbing her shoulders. "And? Are you serious? Are you saying you want that to happen?" I ask her, trying to keep my voice from coming out panicked. She was looking up at me wide eyed at my questionable reaction. "Are you jealous?" I freeze at her question, before quickly taking my hands off her shoulders and stepping away from the girl. "What?" I ask finally, taking a nervous gulp. "Are you jealous? Because right now you're acting pretty jealous." She says taking a step closer to me a eyeing me warily. Am I jealous? I've never felt jealousy before, in fact, I refuse to feel anything. "Don't be ridiculous Vienna." I say to her, rolling my eyes in the process. "It's not being ridiculous Tom. You haven't answered my question either." She says, crossing her arms across her chest and giving me a heavy look. "I don't know what that is." I angrily say to her, giving her a glare to prove a point. A look of shock crosses her face for a moment before she shakes her head and clears it. 

     "Alright then. So you wouldn't mind if I just went and told Abraxas that I decided I wanted to be with him..." She says stepping towards the boys dormitory and giving me a shrug of her shoulders. The noise that comes from my throat sounds very nearly inhuman as I cut her off from walking any closer to the dormitory. Her eyes go wide at the sound and she comes to a halt. "Did you just growl at me?" It's quiet for a few tense moments as Vienna looks at me incredulously. I was breathing heavy, practically shaking from the anger and the sudden realization that I was jealous. I acted quickly, grabbing her forearms and pulling her flush against my body. She gasps at the sudden movement and tries to break free from my grasp and fails. "You'll stay away from Malfoy." I say to her, trying to ignore the sudden calm at Vienna's close contact. "You don't own me Tom." She states, giving up her struggling and looking up at me wide eyed. "I don't care. He's my friend. You'll stay away from him." Vienna snorts at my comment. "Your friend? He's not your friend, he's your little pet." Her words are laced with indignation. "Oh? How so?" I squeeze her closer to me as I say the words. "You wouldn't know what friendship was like even if it slapped you in the face." She says huffing loudly and giving me a slight push. 

    I catch her as she tries to break free, my anger rising over the fact that she had tried to push me away from her. "Let me go Tom." I snicker at the comment and hold onto her tighter. "Now why would I do that love?" She rolls her eyes at me before giving me a slight push again. "Let. Me. Go." She was breathing heavy now, and I tried to ignore the feeling of her heartbeat against my chest. It was frantic, it annoyed me endlessly that I couldn't tell why it was frantic. There was no trace of any fear in Vienna's eyes, so why was it like that? "Make me." I give her a sinister look that stops her pushing, and watch her jaw set in determination. This should be good. The corner of her mouth curls up and I watch it curiously. Before I could even comprehend her smile, she moves suddenly tearing her arms out of my hands and throwing them around my neck. With a strength I didn't even know Vienna had, she was pulling my head down closer to hers, the smile still plastered to her face before it happens. 

    All coherent thought leaves my mind as Vienna's lips meet mine. My whole entire being felt like it was being shocked out of existence. I had to admit, I had kissed many girls already, it was a perk of being one of the most desirable men to walk the halls, but this...was something else. My heart rate had increased tenfold and without really controlling myself I pulled her closer to me. My right hand had snuck up and somehow wound itself into her white locks, the action making Vienna's body relax against mine and a sigh to leave her mouth between the kiss. Her petite hand was holding my face to hers and the other hand clenched into my hair. In perfect sync our lips moved, perfectly molding into the others and making me wonder why I didn't let this happen sooner. All too soon, Vienna breaks away from me with a gasp, and takes a few hurried steps away from me. Her back hits one of the many bookshelves that line the Slytherin common room. Her lips are swollen and parted, her breathing heavy and her eyes wide. I blink at her, trying to get my brain to start working again and eventually resort to shaking myself. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." Her voice comes out in a whisper, and for some reason it makes me angry. I let my body come down from the high it had seemed to experience and realized that I was completely acting like a teenage girl. 

     I'm supposed to become the greatest wizard of all time. I'm supposed to not feel anything. I'm not supposed to get all worked up over a silly little kiss from a silly little girl. I decide then and there that I would no longer concern myself with Vienna Marcus. She was a distraction, a damn good one too,  and I couldn't allow her to ruin any of my plans. Feeling's were a sign of weakness and I am not weak. I would not succumb to them. "No. You shouldn't have." I practically spit out the words, and revel in the fact that a trace of fear skirts across Vienna's face. "I changed my mind. Do what you want with Malfoy. I don't care." I don't bother to send her another glance as I stalk towards the boys dormitory, leaving a bewildered Vienna behind me, and as I throw myself onto my bed I ignore my still tingling lips.