The Elders of Wei (2)

The next day, after the wedding of Naoko and Ruby, it is custom for the newlywed couple to greet their elders.   Inside of the main hall, all the five elders along with Ken and Xiu sat around the round table drinking tea.  Ken, Xiu, Qia and Tan Su were all giving each other celebratory cheers as Guo Yin, Jia, and Luo Fang sat still with unhappy faces.  They didn’t even touch the tea set out in front of them.  

“Now that Naoko is married.  We can now discuss the ceremony of exchange.”  Ken said as he looked at Tan Su.  Their eyes met and Tan Su understood what he needed to say next  

“Yes!  We must quickly hurry and prepare the ceremony of exchange. Our Wei Clan can not have a empty position for Master of Wei.  We need a leader to survive.”

“And you think that person is Second Young Master Naoko?”  Guo Yin said as his hands curled up into a fist.  “Don’t make me laugh.  Master Wei is still breathing.  I refuse to acknowledge that skirt chaser as the new Master of Wei.”   

“Uncle!”  Ken shouted.  

“What?  You dare raise your voice to this Elder?”  Guo Yin asked as he lifts up the tea cup in front of him.  “Why would I acknowledge that skirt chaser Naoko, when we have Duke Ju Long who is more capable than Naoko can ever be.”  

“Besides.”  Jia said as she chimed in.  “You did promise Master Hideo that Naoko will prove himself worthy of being the next Master of Wei by winning first place in the government test.  What happened to that promise?  Or was it all a lie that you told to make Master Wei and everyone here?”  

“All these underhanded words you say and things you do to put Naoko as the Head of Wei lets me know that Naoko will never be worthy to be the next Head of Wei.”  Luo Fang said.  “Just look at the Father and Mother and we can all guess how their son will be.”  

“Ju Long is also my Husband’s son!”  Xiu reminded Luo Fang.  

“We all know Ju Long was raised by Master Hideo.  Ju Long might have come from Master Ken, but we all know Ju Long is Master Hideo’s sole heir.”  Luo Fang said back.  “Master Hideo’s not even dead and buried yet and here you two are, the day after your son’s wedding, already seeing support for Master Hideo’s position.  If that is not unfilial, I don’t know what is.”

Xiu’s face lit up red while Ken broke the tea cup in his hand.  Those old bastard elders needed to die for him to succeed with making Naoko the next Master of Wei.  

“Father!  Mother!  Elders!”  Naoko said as he entered the main hall with Ruby following behind.  “We come to give our greetings to our Elders!”  

Ruby came into the main hall with a pink tint to her face, which made her more charming.  She followed Naoko until they stopped in front of the Elders before they gave their morning bows to them.  

“Quickly rise!”  Xiu said as she pulled Ruby to stand up.  “Daughter-in-law looks well this morning.  Did my son treat you well last night?”  

“Em.”  Ruby said as she nodded her head.  Her pink tint on her cheeks became red.  “Husband Naoko treated this wife well.”  

Naoko smiled lecherously at Ruby as he thought about last night.  She was a virgin who bleed for him on their wedding night.  He made sure his needs were met before giving her release in the early morning.  Her cries and moans drove him excited and made him even more wild.  Her body was perfect for him as it fit him so well.  Even on their way here, he couldn’t help himself and took her behind the bushes.  She was just as greedy and lustful as he is, which made him more happy that Ruby was married to him.  

“Good.  Good.”  Xiu said as she pulled Ruby down to sit next to her.  “Here, drink some tea.”  

From behind a maid stepped forward to place a new cup of tea in front of Ruby and poured tea into it.  Then the maid placed another new cup of tea in front of Naoko and poured tea into it as well.  

Ruby blew on the tea and when she lifted her hand to drink the tea, it tasted sweet and crisp.  It was only when she was going to place the tea cup down did her movement stop.  Her eyes widen in fear as her hand wavered.  Tea spilled all over her hand, but she didn’t feel it.  Her fear overcame all her senses.  

“Lady Ruby!”  Xiu shouted as she grab hold of the tea cup and placed it on the table.  “Hurry, bring the burn cream here.”  

A maid quickly left as Xiu dried Ruby’s hand.  

“What’s wrong.  What happened?”  Xiu asked as Ruby’s hand was stiff.  Everyone looked at Ruby with concern as she pointed to the maid who stood behind Naoko.  

“What is it?”  Xiu asked as she looked towards the direction of where she pointed.  “That’s just Naoko.”  

Ruby shook her head no and kept pointing.  Her fear had made her too scared to speak.  

They all looked at Naoko then at Ruby then back at Naoko.  They were all confused as to why she would be scared of Naoko, when before she was just fine.  

“What’s wrong?”  Naoko asked curtly as he did not like to be pointed at.  

“Behind.”  Ruby began to say.  “B-behind you.”  

Everyone looked behind and yet, they only saw a maid.  The maid held the teapot and looked straight ahead as if she was just a decoration.  

“There’s noone there.” Xiu said as she tried to pull Ruby’s hand down to stop pointing at Naoko.  

Ruby shook her head no.  “Not just any maid.”  She croaked out.  Her teeth chattering as she spoke.  “L-Lady S-Sya’s maid.”  

When Ruby finished her words, there was a slow clap that could be heard from the door.  Everyone turned as they saw Sya, dressed in all white, walk in while slowly clapping.  

“Congratulations!”  Sya said as she stopped in front of them.  “Lady Wei greets the Wei Elders.  Greets Father-in-law.  Second wife.  Brother-in-law and our new sister-in-law.”

Sya’s smile was not a genuine smile, but a mocking one.  

“You couldn’t marry my husband and become concubine, so you settled for second best?”  Sya asked Ruby as she walked right next to the head of the table, that was reserved for Ju Long, that was now occupied by Naoko.  

When Naoko didn’t stand up.  Sya said one word that made Ken want to spit up blood.  

“Move.”  

“How dare you!”  Ken began to say.  “You dare make my son move?”  

“This Lady of Wei dares!”  Sya said.  From behind Naoko, Ai grab holds of Naoko's collar and pulls him off the seat.  “This seat belongs to my Husband.”