Note from the Author

Please read . .

(Above is the song that help me think of Lily Carter

(Above is the song that help me think of Lily Carter. If you listen to it you'll see why as well ;) )

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Dear Readers,

First of all - every author on this site has a book (their first book) that they are not proud of at all. They go back and read it and see how much they've overcome with their writing, compared to their first work.

This is mine.

Just let y'all know ... I've gotten soooo much better xD

This story has been in progress since I was in my sophomore year of high school.

I graduated in 2017.

So, as you can see, this story has been in the making for a very long time.

The last time I published a book I was in middle school and let me tell you I wasn't the best at writing. I deleted my book years back to avoid the embarrassment.

The story of how this book came to be is really long but I'll try to give y'all the short version.

In 2010, when I was 12, my brother started watching Doctor Who. Let me tell you he's six years younger than me and my parents just got through a divorce so I'm very protective of him. I kind of still am today.

So I thought it wasn't appropriate for a 6 year old to watch. (I know I know. . .that makes no sense but I was going through some stuff okay? XD )

Now this was back when Doctor Who was on Netflix. The first episode he showed me was Partners in Crime (4x01).

(I have my own Adipose I named Foster for that exact memory XD )

Let me tell you I was hooked! I was obsessed with that one episode I wanted to watch more! XD

(BTW My brother is no longer a fan cause I obsessed over it too much haha! Sorry Jakob! XD )

Anyways, I went back on Netflix and started with Rose (1x01) through to the last episode that was available The Big Bang (5x13).

I fell in love with Eleven and Amy. They became my favorite Doctor and Companion. I found a show that I could relate to!

But then in 2012. . .I drifted away.

I won't get into that but it was due to ALOT of family drama.

Then. . .in 2014. . .I was bored one day so I decided to watch it again.

And let me tell you hearing the noise of the TARDIS. . .I was 100% Clara in this gif XD

I was 100% Clara in this gif XD

Then. . .around 2 am one morning. . .Lily Carter was born!

Has that ever happened to you? You wake up in a sweat in the middle of the night with a new idea in your mind?

I had SO MUCH HELP from my first friend on Wattpad WritersBlock039 (Check out her stories if you love DW and DC/Marvel heroes btw! She's incredible! <3 )

A lot of brainstorming went into creating Lily. To tell you the truth it's still happening today XD.

I wanted Lily to be optimistic, stylish, hopeful, brave and kind.

But I also wanted her to be stubborn, weak at times, and selfless.

So selfless that it would get her into trouble at times. (Wink Wink ;D )

I knew right away I wanted Katherine to play Lily. I mean just look at her! She's perfect!!!

When I first started to create Lily I wanted her to be a person others looked up to

When I first started to create Lily I wanted her to be a person others looked up to. I wanted you guys to look at her like the Companion you've always wanted to be.

The story of the Lone Wolf that I've created was to give others hope. The Lone Wolf, if you didn't figure out yet, was a fairytale told from different planets. A story of hope, love, selflessness but also suffering and despair. Y'all will learn about that more later on btw.

The point that I'm trying to come across is. . .Lily Carter means the world to me.

She was the first character I've made using my own imagination.

I put a lot of work into her story.

I hope you guys love her and her story as much as I do :)

Love you guys,

- KleeAlise11