Magnanimous

Ken, Xiu, Qia, and Tan Su quickly stood up to argue with Sya, however just as fast as they stood up, from behind them Sya’s Shade Hunters appeared and with one hand, forced them to sit back down.   

“Now.”  Sya began to say as Ai forced Naoko to kneel.  “Now that we all understand that I am the Lady of Wei and brother-in-law is nothing but an opportunist and an imposter.  Let us all have a nice conversation as to why the four of you planned and poised my Grandfather-in-law?”   

“You spout nonsense!”  Xiu cried out as she felt the hand on her shoulder squeeze harder, almost breaking her shoulder bone.  

“Nonsense?”  Sya asked as she raised her eyebrow.  “Bring them out!”  

From the door came four crying servants and four crying maids.  Behind them were Yuki, Thorvald and Tamotsu.   The servants and maids all knelt and bowed their heads in shame.  

“You get one chance to confess.”  Sya said as she looked at the crying servants.  

The more courageous of the four maids bowed and began confessing.  

“It was Mistress Xiu’s idea.”  She began.  “Mistress Xiu’s maternal family are herb gatherers.  They know alot about plants and poisons.”  

“You bitch!  Shut your mouth or I’ll kill you!”  Xiu shouted.  She wanted to hit the maid’s mouth and kill her, but with the hand holding her down in her seat, she could only yell and shout.  

The maid flinched, but continued to speak.  “She had her maternal Uncle come and deliver the poison.  What poison it is this servant doesn’t know.  But Mistress Xiu forced us all to poison Master Wei’s food.  We were ordered to give it to Master Wei every day.”  

From behind the ground, Yuki pulled out a jade box.  

“This--”  Xiu began to say.  “How dare you take my jewelry!”  

“So this jade box is yours?”  Sya asked as she nodded at Yuki.  “Show them.”  

Yuki opens the jade box and dumps all the jewelry out and on to the floor.  The precious jewelry all hit the floor with a loud noise as some of them broke.  

Xiu could only scream in anger and horror as Yuki then slides the false bottom out of the jade box to show small pouch inside.  The pouch everyone recognized at it was the wedding pouch Ken gave to Xiu on their wedding day.  Xiu always wore the pouch where ever she went and never took it off.  

“Lady Wei!”  Xiu began to say as tears begins to fall.  “I have thought that once you married into the Wei Clan and become the official Lady of Wei, you would be magnanimous to overlook how I treated Ju Long.  But to slander me and frame me!  What has this Concubine ever done wrong, but fall in love with Master Ken?”

Sya snickered at Xiu as she pushed the blame to Sya.  

“And what would I achieve by poisoning Master Wei?”  Sya asked.  “My husband is already the chosen heir to the Wei clan, no matter how much Father-in-law insisted. Brother-in-law Naoko will never be the next Head of Wei.  No matter what achievements he may accomplish in the future.  My husband has already done ten times better in one year than Naoko can in ten years.”  

“The moment I am away, my own father, brother and second wife along with two elders try to kill my Grandfather and harm the Wei Clan?”  Ju Long said as he walks in with Hideo.  

Everyone gasps in surprise as Guo Yin and Jia stand up then bow to Hideo.  While the rest were made to kneel by the Shade Hunters.  

“You’re healed!”  Ken shouted as he could see the color in Hideo’s skin and the vigior in his steps.  “This son’s prayers were answered!”