-Chapter 6-

Okay, I'm back my loves! I know I dropped you on a cliffy last time, but have no fear, I have returned!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Butch

That was...unexpected.

I had only tried to catch Tempest before she fell to the ground...and I ended doing a little more.

When she kissed me, I acted on instinct, and her reaction seemed instinctive as well...I got carried away, came damn close to marking her...but just as things started to get heated, she snapped out of it, taking off before I could explain or apologize...

It's been four days since then, and I have done everything but go to her house and talk to her about it.

Frankly, I'm worried that I screwed up. Scared her off just as we were getting close.

"Baby, you've been anxious lately. What's going on?"

Mom asks as she walks in on my pacing in the living room.

"I think I might have scared off my mate."

Her shocked expression speaks volumes, and only makes me more anxious.

"What happened?"

Just before I answer, Dad walks in, and following behind him is my grandmother, Nana Yasmin.

"Look who decided to come for a visit." Dad says smiling, obviously happy she's here.

"Nana!" I exclaim, pulling her into a hug. She returns it strongly, still managing to circle her arms around me despite the huge size difference.

"My sweet little grand pup! You've gotten so big! What has my son been feeding you?"

I laugh and brush a strand of long gray hair behind her ear, loosened from the long braid down her back. The wrinkles on her face stretch with her smile, but she still doesn't look a day over 50, even though she's closer to 110. Her green eyes still seem to hold many secrets, and stories that could get a lot of wolves in trouble.

"I think it's how much I've been eating, rather than what I've been fed."

She laughs, her eyes crinkling at the corners.

"True, both you and Dylan have voracious appetites, you both are much bigger than your grandpa was."

Dylan, my dad, chuckles. Knowing full well he can't deny it.

"So, is it true? Have you found your mate?"

I scratch the back of my head nervously, remembering what I was just talking to my mom about.

"He has, and he was just telling me about how he thinks he might have scared her off." Mom pipes up, making everyone stare at me like I committed a crime.

"What did you do darling?"

I sigh, sitting down next to Nana on the couch.

"I ran into her outside of Maria's...I caught her when she was about to fall, we got close and...well..."

"You kissed her, didn't you?" Mom guesses, and I nod.

"To be completely honest, I came close to marking her...but she took off like a bat outta hell. It's been four days, I haven't seen her since."

Nana shakes her head, patting my knee.

"Ahh, young mates. So eager. Just talk to her and be honest about your feelings if nothing else. Do you know where...she lives?"

"Yeah, Tempest lives in Misty Oak Meadow, right in the territory. Which is odd, considering she's human."

Nana freezes, her eyes going wide in shock.